Trip report for April 7-15 2017

Queen of the WDW Scene

It's only MY opinion, YOU decided to quote it.
Hi guys just wanted to give a recap of my most recent trip.

I stayed offsite for the first time in 14 trips!

It was 14 people total.
My parents, my oldest sister and her DD18, my other sister and her DH, DS15, DD9, and DD4, my BIL's mom, stepdad, stepdad's daughter, and her DS2, along with myself of course.

My parents, one sister and niece, and myself drove in one car.
My other sister and her DH and kids drove in another.
BIL's family flew down.

We stayed in a house in Clermont.

We arrived on the 8th late at night.

The 9th was mostly just hanging out and going to hell (sorry I mean Walmart in Clermont. Seriously it looked like it was the end of the world or something in there) to pick up things for the house since just about nothing was given to us outside of the bedding, a few towels, a roll of TP for each bathroom, and a very small amount of items in the kitchen to eat off of. I mean they didn't even have a dish rag, dish soap, laundry detergent... even though they require you to wash the dishes and towels/bedding before you leave.
I found out I don't care for renting a house for vacation.
Hotel all the way baby!

On the 10th 10 of us planned gto go to EPCOT.
My sister's DD4 had a very high fever and was just doing horribly so they opted to have the 5 of them not go and they took her to urgent care where they found she had strep throat, an ear infection, and scarlet fever!
So just my parents, sister and her DD18 went to EPCOT.
We had fun although we wanted to experience the park with my other sister and her kids too :(

On the 11th all 14 of us went to HS.
Urgent care had told my sister that her DD4 would no longer be contagious within 24hrs so she could try going if she wanted to.
She spiked a fever in the park but they really wanted to hold off on leaving until after our lunch ADR at Sci-fi.
Of course there was some kind of issue with getting our food ready. Not sure what and no one ever came to say why it was taking so long but it w3as twice as long as we've ever waited to get food from there.
The large group next to us came after we ordered. I couyld hear that several of them orderred apps, then all had entrees, and some had dessert and they got their check before we did and all we ordered was entrees and not difficult ones. Half were the turkey sandwich and the other half were the ruben.

My dad, sister, her DD18, and other sister's DS15 decided to hop to AK in the evening where we rode several things.

On the 12th we were supposed to meet up with friends at Weeki Wachee Springs but my sister's other DD9 woke up terribly sick so they took her to urgent care and she had strep. Only strep though so at least she didn't have the trifecta.

The friends really still wanted to see us enough so that they didn't care if the kids were sick they were taking the chance and bringing their kids too.
We all had a great time eating and drinking and letting the kids play.

On the 13th was the big MK day.
The girls were feeling not 100% but much better.
We got there for RD and did a number of attractions prior to our 11:45am BOG ADR.
After lunch we pretty much got everything else we wanted to do done by 7pm.

On crazy story though...
We were all on COP and my sister's DD4 decides she needs to pee so bad she cannot hold it.
My sister knew from DD9 when she was 2 that you CANNOT attempt to leave COP to go to the bathroom because you will shut down the attraction. Yeah she did that lol.
We borrowed a diaper from the stepdad's daughter's DS2 and she used it.... and used it... and used it... to the point it overfilled and then she finished up by peeing on herself.
Luckily my sister brought a change of clothes.

One the 14th my sister and family went to EPCOT while my carload went to Disney Springs and then headed out to drive home.
We stopped in SC for the night and they made it to the FL/GA border.
We both made it home for Easter Sunday.

BIL's family stayed to visit other family.

Overall we had fun but I really don't like going with that large of a group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter