Trip Report: YC/Portobello/Disneymoon 4.23.07; COMPLETE as of 6.3.07!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

purplegirl247

<font color=purple>I joined for reason A<br><font
Yay, I’ve finally gotten all my pictures back and can begin my trip report! :banana: And let me tell you, there was a LOT of pictures! We have pictures from:

1. My dad, from the wedding ceremony
2. Randy, from the wedding ceremony and formal pictures afterward
3. What we personally took with our digital camera on our Disneymoon
4. What was on our PhotoPass CD on our Disneymoon
5. the Magic Kingdom photo shoot
6. the honeymoon photo shoot from Epcot

The sheer volume is insane! Unfortunately, I won’t be able to share them all with you, but I’ll put up some of my favorites. All the pictures turned out really great. :thumbsup2

Warning: I tend to be sort of…lengthy, so if I start detailing too much or go off on any tangents, I apologize in advance. I’m just so excited to be writing my very own trip report, I may let it all go to my head! :cool1:

Warning #2: Please don’t judge me if I mention the negatives along with the positives. I’m not a chronic complainer, I swear; I just want to share my experiences with other brides and hopefully help them in the long run. :teacher:

OK, not that I’m done with the disclaimers, let’s get this party started! :woohoo:

Where do I start? How about the beginning? Steve (DH) and I met at SAK Comedy Club, an improv club here in Orlando almost five years ago (our dating anniversary is July 23). We clicked immediately and have been pretty inseparable ever since. We both LOVE Disney so it was only a question of “can we afford a wedding there?” and with a little thing called intimate weddings, turns out we could! Here’s Steve at the idea of getting married.

CL1.jpg

:rotfl: OK, not really. That’s us at Universe of Energy at Epcot in January, right after the ride shut down and we had visions of dinosaurs running amok.

Anyway…! We got engaged in November and began planning a wedding for April 23. [sidenote: those of you who have been keeping up with our story know this is a bald-faced lie. ;) I always knew we’d get married on April 23, my grandparents’ anniversary, so I had begun planning the wedding several months before he actually popped the question. I don’t think you’re actually supposed to do that, but it worked for us, so oh, well!] The planning went fairly smoothly except for a small bump in the road regarding what to wear under my dress (see my planning journal)

Time passed very quickly and finally the weekend before the wedding was here! His family lives locally and my family lives in Florida, so no one had to fly in, but I planned to have an out-of-towners dinner the night before the wedding just for my family. I was sort of a wreck the day of the dinner because I wanted to check into the Disney hotel as early as possible after dinner but my family was running late (as usual) driving up from South Florida.

Lesson learned: don’t plan things too close together; you’ll just freak yourself out. (I saw someone else do this on her trippie lately--it was aprincess72, by the way-- which I thought was hilarious because I had already planned to give out similar tidbits of wisdom, now that I’m an old married lady. :laughing:)

Here’s us at Buca di Beppo (a delicious family-style Italian chain restaurant, by the way).
RehearsalDinner.jpg

Starting on the left and moving around the table, that's my mom's sister, my brothers, my grandmother (mom's side), my grandmother (dad's side), Steve, me, and my dad. I'm in purple, surprise, surprise!

Keep it coming!!! I am all settled in for a long read and LOTS of pictures ! popcorn::

Cant wait to hear more!! Its always good to hear the good and bad things that can happen. Makes people more prepared. princess:

Okay...so I couldn't wait....I searched Randy's thread and found your photos! Love them ! You are a beautiful bride. Looks like you and your brothers had a little sibling fun as well. Too cute !

I don't think any of us would mind "too many" photos!!! We love them! :goodvibes
Congratulations!!!!!!!! :cheer2:

You found them before I did! :lmao: I kept checking Randy's site but was only looking at the front page and didn't bother to check the others! I'll post a formal link shortly (as soon as I figure out how). Oh, and also, when I'm not at work. Tee hee. :rotfl2:

WOw im so excited-- im glad you got your TR going! Cant wait to hear all about it-- how do you like Randy's photos? What did you think about him?:hug:

the more photos the better I say!! keep em comin!:thumbsup2

Can't wait to see more pics! Keep 'em coming!popcorn::

Hey I thought of you like 2 days ago when we were in MGM, I saw your ring in one of the jewelery stores.

I love seeing photos!! I can't wait until you have all your links up! I'm very interested in how your MK photo shoot went.

That's awesome, Lynn. DH never told me for sure where he got the ring. I assumed Downtown Disney since the odds of him successfully ordering something online is pretty small. Hee hee.

After the dinner, Steve and I rushed off to the Yacht Club (we had already loaded up the car) to check in. There was some confusion at the check-in desk, something about how he didn’t know if he was “allowed” to check us in, but ultimately we ended up at the concierge desk on the fifth floor and our wedding officially began! The lady at concierge was very nice and asked if I wanted to use my married name on my room key, but I was paranoid that someone would ask for my ID and I wouldn’t have it right on my driver’s license, so we compromised with hyphenating our last names. That was a +. The – came when we opened our hotel room and saw that she had given us double beds, even after gushing that we were on our honeymoon. Another + occurred when we told her about it and she took care of it right away.

Room at the Yacht Club
Honeymoon007.jpg

Towel animals at check-in. Enjoy them, because we didn’t receive any for the rest of our stay. :rotfl:
No biggie. They were very cute, appreciated, and I was just glad to finally see some in person after hearing about them so often.
Honeymoon008.jpg

Honeymoon009.jpg

Mini-review on the Yacht Club: We weren’t overly fond of it. For the money we were paying (and Steve’s a CM so keep in mind it was already heavily discounted), we expected the room to be bigger/more luxurious or the concierge to be mind-boggling. Instead, we found the concierge breakfast to be about the same as any continental breakfast: donuts, bagels, cereal, and the food the rest of the time to be *shrugs* all right. Nothing overly fancy or delicious. If we had to do it again, we definitely wouldn’t stay at the Yacht Club. We spent our actual honeymoon at Port Orleans Riverside, and fell in love with it. :love: The main Yacht Club pool closed at 8 and there wasn’t much to do at night (in stark comparison to Riverside, which I’ll get to eventually). On our second night, I thought to ask if they rented DVDs to go with the DVD players in the room, which they did, but never told us about.

Lesson learned: Ask what is included with your stay. There was a pamphlet that said concierge guests could participate in “programs” but it didn’t specify what these alleged programs were.

We called everyone we were supposed to call with our room number (Juliana, our coordinator; Randy, our photography; our officiant; and our families), then headed out to experience the area. We walked around Yacht Club for a bit, then headed out to Boardwalk (Steve had never been around this area so I showed him the various sights to see), and made the full circle past Epcot and back to our room again. Steve was disappointed because we didn’t make it back up to our room in time to see Illuminations from our hotel balcony, but we did catch part of it and I told him we’d have to remember to do it the next night.

Me getting excited about being at Disney, brochures and maps in-hand.
Honeymoon003.jpg

We headed to sleep pretty early, because…we were getting married the next day!

Loving your TR - thanks so much for sharing! And I think it's impossible to have too many pictures - can't wait to see them! :goodvibes

Thank you so much for your honest opinion of the Yacht Club. We debated staying there, with us getting married there and all, but couldn't justify the price after "touring" it in April. We found other moderate resorts to be so gorgeous and much more affordable! Thank you, thank you for reaffirming our decision to change our lodging!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter