Tropicana Inn - Review

Does anyone know if the Tropicana mini fridge has a freezer in it? I use ice packs daily. Thanks!

Does anyone know if the Tropicana mini fridge has a freezer in it? I use ice packs daily. Thanks!
Yes...and no. I actually called before my stay to verify that there was a freezer compartment, and was told yes. However, I had connecting rooms, one fridge had a freezer and the other didn't. I think it just depends on the room.

Thank you! Hopefully I get one with a freezer. We're going to be in the two room kitchen suite, maybe that has a bigger fridge.

I’m going to be staying here in a few weeks. Do they have usb plugs in the rooms for recharging electronics?

Thank you! Hopefully I get one with a freezer. We're going to be in the two room kitchen suite, maybe that has a bigger fridge.
Based on the pictures this room has a full size fridge. I've been looking at it for a stay next year.

Does anyone know if you can leave your car at Tropicana before check in? We're arriving around 10 am for our trip and I'm hoping I don't have to park at Mickey & Friends.

Also, will they hold luggage before check in?

Does anyone know if you can leave your car at Tropicana before check in? We're arriving around 10 am for our trip and I'm hoping I don't have to park at Mickey & Friends.

Also, will they hold luggage before check in?

Yes you can leave your car before check in, they do charge for parking. Its like $17 a night or something like that. And yes they have a locked room at the front desk where they will store you luggage before check in and after checkout on your last day.

The Cove also offers coffee in the morning, which was decent. As of July 29th, it opens at 7am each morning.
Do you happen to remember if they served Stumptown coffee at The Cove?

They used to serve Stumptown and had a good barista/coffee bar manager and the espresso drinks were very good. I read a review that the coffee has gone downhill there since our last visit though.

We've always had beds here that were moderately firm, but still some softness. .... which is clear, isn't it? Hahaha!

Basically, comfortable but not plush. But after 12+ hours in the park, most anything would work for me!

LOL.....I agree. From what I remember, beds were firm but had some give to them. After long days in the parks, we had no issues sleeping on them.

I stayed at Tropicana in January 2022. This is from my main trip report

My room was on the third floor at the front, very near the elevator and stairs.
tropicana room 1.jpg

tropicana room 2.jpg

tropicana room 3.jpg

Its a basic motel, with an outside corridor. The orange seat folds out to a single sofa bed, so the room could sleep 3 people very comfortably. The room has a decent TV, a safe, a coffee maker, a fridge and a microwave.

The location is the selling point. I forgot to take a photo, but from the corridor outside my room door you can see the top of The Materhorn and the fireworks at nights.

Another positive vote for Tropicana here. I really love that they keep the hot tub super hot for sore feet at the end of the evening. I like the pool a lot better than the best western next door.
Parking is pretty sparse. Sometimes you have to leave your car and let them park it for you if there’s not a lot of spaces.

Can't say enough good things about how super hot the hot tub is kept at. Used it a couple of time to soak our sore feet in after walking 20K+ steps each day! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter