Troubles with Passport

kenneyjo

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to run this past you guys, I applied for my Passport on March 6/03 for my Disney Cruise on the 4th of May. I was told at the Passport office that the Passport should be sent out on the 20th of March.
I called today, spoke to a very friendly representative (honestly) who checked the status and she said that my passport is still at the investigation phase. She then asked me when I was leaving, I said the 29th of April. She then said to wait until Monday or Tuesday of next week, call back and if the status has not changed, ask the person to request a rush on my file.
Now I know since some legislative changes and world tragedies have happened that Passport demand has become quite large and that I should be patient but the neurotic side of my personality is becoming worried.
Could someone relieve me of this anxiety and tell me that I will probably receive it before I leave?!

My passport took 5 weeks to get to me through the mail-in process...did you drop yours off in person, or mail in? If you mailed, it looks like you are at about the 4th week, so hopefully it will come through ok and soon!

I actually dropped it off in person which is why I am moderatley perplexed at the situation.
But thearing that you received in 5 weeks reassures me a little.
Thanks,

I didn't have a problem getting my passport in 10 days dropping it off and picking it up. I do know however that sometimes they call your reference to confirm that it was actually signed by them. My mother is a lawyer and has been called a couple of times to confirm that she actually signed the passport application. That could be some of the delay. I would think that you would still be able to get the passport in plenty of time for your cruise.

Cdnmickeylover

I called today and the status has already changed. It is now in "production" phase.
The representative was very helpful. She said I should expect it by next friday and if I don't receive it to call back, quote my file number ask for a rush because my file now says that I am leaving on the 18 of April. (She is the one who suggested changing that departure date for more urgency)
All in all, I am quite happy with Foreign Affairs and there handling of my queries.

Well, after worrying a little about this process, I received my passport today.
My first phone call, the passport was in investigation mode. My second phone call, one day after my first call, passport went into production phase , then a few days later, BOOM, I receive my passport.
My question is do you think my phone call(s) helped get me passport quicker and did it proceed on the same timeline it would have had I not called?
What do you'all think?

Phone calls probably didn't help alot but they didn't hurt either. We received ours by courier 7 days after we submitted in person.

Funny thing though, my daughter's picture looks funny. Her cheeks and chin are washed out (not like that on original). I'm surprised considering how picky they are about pictures now. I hope no over zealous customs official thinks it's fake! :p

I think when people, (at the goverment) actually connect paper-pushing to a real person and know your situation they (most times) want to help. I have a very similar experince when I needed a passport to go to Italy (pre 9/11)- I had only 6 days to get it and the girl at the passport office sent it through in 3 days without charging me extra. I guess if I had gone in screaming and yelling they wouldn't have been so helpful, same as your situation. I'm glad to hear everything worked out. ENJOY your trip!

Glad everything worked out Kenneyjo. You will have a wonderful trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter