Trying to figure out options. Updated post

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
DH just found out he needs to have a kidney stone removed which will be done on Thurs. we’d we meet with the dr
We have a trip for end of jan

In the unlikely event we’d have to cancel what woukd the options be. I know they’d go into holding at this point

Woukd there be any chance of renting out the reservation at this late date. Or hope Thst I get pixie dusted and a CM woukd take pity on us and allow to bank them. The way things look at this point I doubt I’d be able to get anything within the 60 days.
Please any advice thanks and happy new year

Wishing you and family best of luck and health. DW had surgery for kidney stone the day after we returned from AKL in August. Recovery was quick and feeling back to normal in a couple days.

Hopefully you have a quick recovery too and can still enjoy your trip!!!

Thoughts for your DH. First, holding points don’t have to be used in 60 days.

They just can’t be used to book anything that is more than 60 days in advance but you have until the end of your UY, which, I believe for you would be for stays ended July 31st, since your UY is Aug.

If any points are already banked, they won’t be able to do anything with those, but they might be willing to waive the holding so any 2023 points you have could be banked.

If not, then renting is still an option because you just book anything with them, even single nights if you had to and then offer those as confirmed with one of the rental brokers.

thanks for all the advice but Im sorry I have a few more questions
Im probably way over thinking this and I dont want this to look like Im putting the vacation over DH health
but I like to know what IM up against

first since Im less then 31 days before check in the points would go to holding
is the correct
so then those are the points I cant book anything with until 60 days before check in
as of now theres a few openings at saratoga springs and OKW either would be fine
but do I have to wait till the check in date is 60 days out so around 2/9
is this part correct
and I just have to hope theres still openings then
I sure wish disney would have some other way of working things out if you have to cancel or change because of a health issue unless Im lucky and if the unfortuanat happens and the dr says DH shouldnt travel and I get a super CM who takes pity on me and lets me bank them

which brings me to one last question is there a way to see if I used banked points for this trip
since someone mentioned that I could rent out the resveration but I wouldnt be able to use any points that were banked
hopefully I wont have to use any of this information

thanks for all the advice but Im sorry I have a few more questions
Im probably way over thinking this and I dont want this to look like Im putting the vacation over DH health
but I like to know what IM up against

first since Im less then 31 days before check in the points would go to holding
is the correct
so then those are the points I cant book anything with until 60 days before check in
as of now theres a few openings at saratoga springs and OKW either would be fine
but do I have to wait till the check in date is 60 days out so around 2/9
is this part correct
and I just have to hope theres still openings then
I sure wish disney would have some other way of working things out if you have to cancel or change because of a health issue unless Im lucky and if the unfortuanat happens and the dr says DH shouldnt travel and I get a super CM who takes pity on me and lets me bank them

which brings me to one last question is there a way to see if I used banked points for this trip
since someone mentioned that I could rent out the resveration but I wouldnt be able to use any points that were banked
hopefully I wont have to use any of this information
Easiest way to know if there are banked points is to chat or call…I would not do the modification without changing process way since you are within 31 days and don’t want to do anything to risk holding if you made a mistake.

Yes, all points if you cancel will become holding points. They will expire at the end of the UY . The 60 day check in is a rolling date…for example, if you canceled today, you could book any night still available with a check in date up to March 1st…tomorrow you can book any date up until a check in date of March 2nd etc.

Great news. Surgery went great. DH is pretty awake little loopy but doing great dr was going to try to get a few of the smaller ones out but decided not to push it. What sounded fine.
Asked about the trip. He said no problem and to go and have a great time.
We’re just both so glad it’s over.
Thanks for listening and the encouraging replies

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter