Trying to save money on Disney Quest!

CJ

DIS Veteran
We're a family of poor Canadians ;) looking to save money any way we can! I had originally intended to get UPH passes, because my teens LOVE Disney Quest (DH & I also want to spend a day there)! But after factoring in the exchange rate with the already expensive UPHs, I decided to go with 7 day Park Hoppers. So my challenge is to save as much as I can on DQ passes.

I've gone through mousesavers and their referral to Florida Savings and through Dreams Unlimited here. Both offer good savings, but either charge too much to send the passes to Canada OR say that they send them to your hotel but not until late in the afternoon the day of arrival (we're planning on DQ our very first day - arriving at around 11:30 am). My teens will want to go more than once, so I'm also looking for discounts for that!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!:confused: :D :confused:

Compare the cost of the 7 day park hopper plus DQ admissions (or 7 day UMP) to the cost of a Premium Annual Pass. I believe the PAP now includes admission to DQ. I know the PAP is expensive, but if you are likely to make another trip within a year is is the best value. Just a thought.

Thanks for the suggestion, but with the exchange rate we're lucky to get to go to WDW every 3 years:rolleyes: ! Anybody else have any advice:D ?

I bought one last year for mine. I know the price went up since I purchased mine but I think they're around $79. They do offer discounts but I don't remember which kinds. It pays for itself after a couple of visits. My son goes to DQ for his afternoon break, sometimes before going to the park, and every night when we're down there. We used ours 2 weeks last August, 1 week in January, and 2 weeks this June. We really got our money's worth. If the parks are closing at 9 most nights they still can go to DQ until 11 or 12 most nights.

Carolyn

If you're booking 2 hotel rooms try to split the reservation so you can buy UPH passes just for your teenagers.

Also last summer they ran a special. After 9 admission was $10 or $15. My teen are older so this was perfect timimg for them.

Did you get your pass at the guest service desk or did you purchase them at the DQ? That sounds perfect for my 2 teens.

Did you try calling CAA ,I beleive thats the equivalant of our AAA, American Automoble Association,They sell WDW tickets out of their regional offices.

But also thru a office at the TTC at WDW!! I Think the cost was $23.00 a ticket.

If you haven't joined the Disney Club[$39. for WDW discounts,do that ,Then join CAA as there is a big discount for CAA.

oh, i didn't know they had DQ AP's!

can anyone verify that there are indeed DQ Ap's? and does anyone know what this year's pricing is for them?

i'm assuming the APs give you unlimited admission to DQ for 1 year. are there blackout dates?
thanks!

I have a DQ AP.

I believe they are now $79. I also think you can get a DC discount on the cost and there may be other discounts. I don't remember. I noticed this trip there is also another AP offered. It was advertised on the same board outside DQ. I didn't look closely but it was either a water park/DQ pass or PI/DQ pass. I think it was DQ/water park. I think it was around $129 but don't quote me on that. I already had my pass so I wasn't interested.

You get 1 year unlimited admission (we've used ours multiple times on three different trips). You also get 10% off food and purchases in the gift shop. You also get 15% off full-price, one day DQ admission for up to four guests per day.

My AP shows no blackout dates.

Carolyn

When we were there in January they did the late admission but only after 10pm. I think it was half price.

Carolyn

Thanks for the responses everybody! It sounds like an annual pass is the way to go for my teens as I know they'll want to be there about three times. Does anyone know if there is an Amex discount for the DQ annual pass, or of any other benefits that buying one would get us? (I'm just planning on buying single day passes for DH and I, and am hoping that the annual pass can help us with that):confused: :confused:

I know there is a discount with a DC card. I don't remember how much but I used it last year. I don't know if there is an AMEX discount on the AP but I believe there is one on the single admission tickets. Once you purchase a DQ AP you can get a 15% off ticket using the DQ AP. See my earlier post (back about 3 posts) for the other benefits.

Carolyn

I am also the parent of a teen. Since discovering DQ my son thinks we travel to Florida to go to DQ and use our spare time to go to WDW :) . I can't blame him. I've gotten just about as much use out of my AP as he has.

Have a great trip.

Carolyn

They purchased the night tickets at DQ. They had so much fun and got to do everything they wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter