TSA Orlando

No, it's never happened to you. It happens everyday everywhere that someone gets the SSSS on their boarding pass and can't use precheck. Having Pre means you're eligible to skip certain things, not a guarantee you're going to be able to.

That is exactly what I was told when I called to see why I didn't get the Precheck on my boarding pass, even though I have it.

That is exactly what I was told when I called to see why I didn't get the Precheck on my boarding pass, even though I have it.

If that ever happens again, go through online checkin again, and this time manually enter your KTN. Whenever precheck hasn't shown up on the boarding pass, if I do this, it shows up the second time through. Not saying it will 100% fix it, but you stand a really good chance, if the reason it didn't appear was because it didn't pull the info from your airline profile.

As for TSA in Orlando, I've had decent or neutral experiences there, but the most egregiously weird, rude, or wrong experiences I've had with TSA were always in that airport.

The main one that comes to mind was during a very very long winding line. For ages we heard one centrally located agent doing some weird angry comedy-style riff on how "we're in the real world" and you don't want to leave your bags alone on the conveyor belt, to wait until they have gone through and then we should go through, that we'll get things stolen or things added. He went on and on and ON. Dude was nearly screaming so we all heard him for a long time. And then when we approached the conveyor belt, still in hearing range of that guy, his colleague was screaming at people to just go through, to leave our bags on the conveyor belt, what did we think was going to happen, they are safe. If either of them had shushed for a minute they would have heard what the other was saying, but they didn't. It was bizarre.

We joined Clear, which coupled with PreCheck, gets us thru security in under 3 minutes. We flew home the Monday of Columbus day weekend and the regular lines were hundreds deep. Had to be 30 minutes best case. We got thru in 2 minutes.

I've flown out of MCO a few times in the past 6 months or so. We signed up for TSA PreCheck early this year and I'd say if you normally fly at least once a year, maybe twice, its well worth the $85 ($17/year). While the times I've been at MCO the regular line has been posted anywhere from 20-50 minutes, PreCheck has been almost walkup, maybe one or two groups ahead at the most. I can't say if the TSA agents working the PreCheck line are any more courteous or not, but I've found them to be patient and accommodating the few times I've used them this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter