• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Turf Club Recently

BeachMouse1

DIS Veteran
Have been looking for a good prime rib and the Turf Club has been mentioned several times. I looked at the menu and some items interest my wife as well. We have never eaten there but the menu looks appealing and I have heard some good things lately and was wondering if anyone has been there lately. Have a long trip coming up and going over there isn’t a problem. Anyone been there lately that can offer an opinion? My wife is looking at the scallop and pasta

We ate there in late-January. DW had the prime rib and I had the salmon. Both were quite good, as was the service. We also enjoyed our starters, salad for DW and French onion soup for me.

Ate there last year... ok but nothing to write home about. Can't recall anything wrong about the place or food. We have reservations again for our SSR stay next week, so it must be ok+ for us. We're not foodies, we just like good service and tasty food. Turf Club met the challenge. We like the convivence of not having to go to DS for a nice sit down meal on our last night at the resort. 10% AP/DVC discount helps.

Ate there in February - I hadn't been in a couple of years, but always considered it a decent if not stellar pick, useful when I was late to ADRs and needed something. Was actually a step up from the last time I went. It's been through a few permutations - originally I thought it was a pretty good steakhouse option, then it went downhill a few times, at one point just above fast food, but the current iteration has restored a bit towards a nicer steakhouse menu and food quality again. I thought it was good and would go again.

We ate at the Turf Club on April 10. DH had the Ahi tuna app and the buttermilk chicken and loved them both especially the chicken. I hade the Crisp green salad(really a wedge salad) and the prime rib. I too loved both. A very nice combination that we had four dishes that we enjoyed. My prime was cooked to my liking of med rare. My only complaint was that I wished had more. That being said it was a perfectly adequate serving. We were very pleased not only with the meal but service and value for the money. We went here on our first night while staying at SSR. It was super convenient, relaxing and shockingly the best pour on our cocktails that we've ever had on Disney property. YMMV

We dined there several years ago and it was one of the worst meals we have had anywhere at WDW. Bad food and service. I think I read that they got a new head chef in the last year. Sounds like it must have improved. May be worth another look.

We were there a few weeks ago, I don’t care for the self-service window setup of the adjacent lounge but the restaurant and lounge were busy (and it was a relatively low crowd weekend). The service was efficient and the food options were better than average - we both had fish and chicken (shared), and we had no complaints. I think it’s a solid option like Olivia’s at OKW - as an alternative to the more flashy Disney Springs or other so-called signature restaurants on property.

There have been 2 or 3 different times when a change in chef, or menu, even the overall mission/category of food have changed - and some have been pretty bad. This happens periodically with some decent restaurants that water down, or try to become generic family spots and ditch more experimental or creative menus. The current iteration of Turf Club is vastly improved over the version going back a few years...hopefully it stays in its current form for a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter