Turncoat

Richyams

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
I did it, we have our OKW vacation set for the first two weeks of December. We were really heartbroken about missing the Food and Wine Festival....so we booked a cash weekend at BWV. Fri and Sat nights, the 26 & 27 of OCt.

We booked through Dreams. We got a good rate. $254 per night including tax for the one bedroom unit.

I hope we are not miles from the elevator.

We figured that for a quick weekend, we could bite the bullet....and the Food & Wine Festival is at Epcot. Its only DW, DD and me......DW may not be able to go at all and will probably only be able to spend one night, that makes it DD and me......I hope we don't feel tooooo crammed in those TINY units ;-)

good to see you're still quirky Rich - I just tried those HUGE rooms at OKW. Nice, but not BWV :)

Sorry to hear you've had to settle for second best, dear. Try to enjoy.

Sue

Maybe with the specialties at the Food & Wine Fest (especially the wine) you'll be able to soldier on, LOL. We had ressies and because of DH's job we have to cancel, so have one for me. (Try for a nice Merlot, if you can) I'll be thinking of you.

OMG. If Rich goes over to the other side, who will be left to vociferously defend the self interests of the chosen people who make their home at OKW.;) Of course, perhaps it is just a reconaissance trip to update information and remind him how good life at OKW really is. Yeah.... yeah.....that's the story....;) :D

Okay, but don't let me hear any reports of you being seen at VWL. ;)

Boy doctor p - huge words:

Main Entry: vo·cif·er·ous
Pronunciation: vO-'si-f(&-)r&s
Function: adjective
Date: circa 1611
: marked by or given to vehement insistent outcry
- vo·cif·er·ous·ly adverb
- vo·cif·er·ous·ness noun

At least he has the guts to tell us!!!......LOL!!!
Have fun!!!!..........Twice!!!

Brian, Melissa & Morgan

Rich, no, don't turn to the "dark side". Follow my voice, turn and walk into the light!!! ;) ;) ;)

Ahh, Rich - you probably should have tried to book OKW for cash. Who knows, the rate might have been 25% less :D !

Rich,

Watch out! Once you experience the short walk back to BWV out of Epcot, you will be hooked. It will be perfect for the F&W. Eat, go back and take a nap and then return to try something else.

Enjoy!

*gasp* :eek: Did hell freeze over?? Or does that happen when you come back and announce that you love BWV? ;)

:D

I have stayed there before. We stayed in a BWI room one weekend and we stayed in a one bedroom on the BWV side for a weekend. We were staying on points, I am hoping that cash gets me either a better view or a room less than 3 miles from the elevator.

The reason for this trip, the Food and Wine Festival, makes BWV a no brainer. We checked into rates at the GF, concierge at the poly, and one or two others. The one bedroom at the BWV was about the same cost as a room, a single room, at the GF also about the same price as a concierge room at the Poly or Cont. The extra room that a one bedroom gives(granted, not much extra at BWV), the proximity to Epcot and the fact that it will only be two or three of us, made BWV a perfect choice for this trip.

I will have lots of five dollar bills for the valet every time I come and go, I will be wearing my jogging shoes for the treks to the room after parking, we are only bringing one change of clothes so that we will still have room in the unit, I will remember to cut the phone cord for the check out day morning phone call, I will forget about any balcony sitting....I think I am prepared.

Wouldn't a Boardwalk vies be great?????

Gee, what are you going to do with all the free time you pick up by not waiting for the buses to pick you up???
:D

I have never been on a Disney bus. OKW makes using a car so easy and convenient that taking the busses is some thing I would never do.

We usually go in the off season, when MK closes early. We have found that a very good plan is to drive to Epcot in the morning, leve the car there and monorail over to MK. Sometime in the afternoon, monorail back, maybe stop at a monorail hotel for a late lunch or dinner and then cruise over to Epcot on the monorail. This way, at the end of the day, the car is already in the Epcot parking lot.

I think the best part will be breakfast at spoodles.....where is Spoodles anyway? I know its over in the boardwalk area somewhere. Then after a big breakfast, walk over to the international gateway, stroll through the closed World Showcase, get a few Future world rides and exhibits in the hit the Food and Wine festival. Hit it hard.

Richyams at BWV? That means (multiple choice):

1. Hell has frozen over.

2. Rich has had a religious wakening.

3. That the reason BWV is always booked is as we suspected that all those OKW owners really just want to stay at BWV.

4. That BWV needs laws prohibiting outsiders from getting in (or just laws prohibiting Rich from getting in).

5. That it is time for BWV owners to take up arms to keep the interlopers out.

6. OKW must have been booked.

You all have me ROFL! Thanks I needed that today! P.S. Have a great time Rich- hope you don't suffer too much in the cramped quarters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter