Two CMs made DS's day a little brighter today.

cara76

DIS Veteran
We were at DTD for our fishing trip (which was alot of fun) and our guide Stan was great.

Anyway DS left his hat and pins on the bench by World of Disney, by the time we realized it 3 hours had passed and of course they were gone. We checked Guest Relations and every shop around the benches we were sitting on with no luck. As a last resort I stopped in Pin Traders thinking someone may of brought it there. DS was heartbroken, this is his first trip doing pin collecting / trading and he worked hard for some of those pins.

We go in and I asked the CM behind the counter , her name was Freddie I think. She said that no one had turned anything in. Then told us to wait there she was going to talk to her manager to see what they could do. Wasn't expecting much, if anything. Next thing I know she comes back, asks us to wait for a few more minutes, that her manager would be right out. I say ok and wait around, still not thinking anything is going to happen.

Well her manager (Jennifer) comes out and hands her a lenyard with about 10 -15 pins on it for DS. She tells DS to come see her and puts it around his neck. He was soooo happy, still sad about his lost pins but happy that someone helped him replace them even if they weren't the exact same ones.

Anyway I can't thank these two special ladies enough. They were awesome and really help make a very sad little boy , happy.

Wow that is really special! That is wonderful I'm so glad you had such a incredible experience like that! Disney is so magical :wizard: !

Wow ... that was wonderful! I'm glad your DS felt better. :thumbsup2 It must be so hard to keep track of all the children's belongings! I have trouble keeping track of just mine!

You can go and make a written report at Guest services or Mail a letter in. This will go in their file and in the Customer service business is the best thing you can have in your file.

My DS6 is into pin trading as well. At 6 years old, to him it's just 'fun' -- but I see that he has about $300 hanging around his neck! So - I put one of our return address labels on the back of the medallion, and wrote the name of the hotel we were staying at - JUST IN CASE!
I love those types of "Disney cast member saved the day" stories. I just pray that type of response isn't limited strictly to Disney property!

Wow - what a wonderful story! Thanks for sharing. I love hearing about great stories like this.

My DS6 is into pin trading as well. At 6 years old, to him it's just 'fun' -- but I see that he has about $300 hanging around his neck! So - I put one of our return address labels on the back of the medallion, and wrote the name of the hotel we were staying at - JUST IN CASE!

I think I'm going to do that, wonder how I can do that for the rest of our stay, maybe with a sharpie -- hmmmmm

You can go and make a written report at Guest services or Mail a letter in. This will go in their file and in the Customer service business is the best thing you can have in your file.

Thank you I think I will! They were both very helpful and really turned the day around. I'm going to call guest relations at DTD in a few minutes in hopes someone turned it in and check at the central lost and found. Maybe someone with a kind soul found them and did the right thing.

Keep up the Hope DD lost her Nextel Cellphone at the Bus stop at DTD by the time we got to CR heading to MK was when we relised it.

Well someone did turn it in and we went back to get it at GSs.

The problem with something like that a child might have picked it up and the parents not relise it until later.I know this seems far fetched but I have seen little ones going through someone elses stroller why MOM was distacted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter