Two not-so-young and not-so-lucky princesses Christmas Trip 7.12/ 11.12 Day 2

giuly09

it made me feel like i was the queen....
Day 2 - Monday 8th

We woke up pretty early, both mum and me had been able to sleep ok, she, i suppose, because of the medicine she had been taking, me, because of the stressful day we had had.
She was not too bad even though her leg was still painful and walking was hard so she said she was staying in the hotel that day but insisted on me going to the park.
I was not much keen on going and leaving her there alone to be honest but she seemed even more upset when i said i would had liked to stay in too so i got myself ready to face the cold :eek
First i went down for breakfast. Restaurant is outside the main building of the hotel so you have to walk a little bit outside but not that much, i went around 7.45 so was pretty empty there.
Buffet was normal, brioche, pain au chocolate, bread, cheese and ham, omelette, sausages, butter, jam and chocolate spread and automatic machines with hot and cold drinks.
As said in my day one they hadd not allowed me to bring mum some breakfast in her room so i am afraid to say i stole a couple of brioche every day for her and then got her a cappuccino at the vending machine..

So, breakfast done for both of us i got the shuttle to the Parks for my first ever EMH entrance. Well i think i had missed a lot not using them.
The park not crowded with people, the fantastic Christmas atmosphere i saw for the very first time took my breath away..

DSCN0274_zps6b100cb6.jpg

20141208_091944_zps60c14a41.jpg

Had a walk around the castle and then decided to do my first ride that was the teacups, almost a walk in as not many people were there, than headed to Discoveryland to see if Sapce Mountain was opened.
It was and was another walk in, as Space Mountain is one of my favourite rides it made my day.

In the meantime i had called my mum already a couple of time to check her lol

After SM, Star Tours had opened as well and so i walked in there. Queue was not too long but shame it went so slowly, i suppose Star Tour was not completely working ok as it crashed a little even when i was riding it, i think it's one of the attractions that could have a little refurbishment as IMO it looks a little out of date now...
Anyway... after it i walked to Adventureland and bumped into Mr.Smee but he was leaving and did not stop for a picture...so i took my way to Pirates and queue was just 10 mins
When i got out it had started raining and i did not have an umbrella but i can say it was not too bad, it seems that when it's raining queue are shorter, maybe because there is less people in the parks..
So i was able to ride Big Thunder Mountain and Hounted Mansion in about half an hour (according to this photo i think i really saw a ghost there lol

DSCN0310_zps02bed8be.jpg

BTM is always great, to ride it when it rainsmakes it even more special if you can handle it lol

20141208_114411_zps38bae0d0.jpg

I started queuing for a pic with Santa Claws but it went so slowly i decided to quit.

It was nearly midday so i bought a couple of hot dogs at Casey's Corner and got the shuttle to the Kyriad. Mum was not too bad, she said had been sleeping almost all morning long (we discovered on Tuesday she had been given strong medicines that are forbidden in italy..) but was happy to eat the hot dog and see my photos.
For that night we had got the Groupon voucher for Planet Hollywood and she said she wanted to try and come there. We agreed i could had come back around six to help her get dressed and then go.
Back to the parks and to Rataouille.

20141208_144225_zpsb6b85293.jpg

As said i joined the single riders queue and was on the rat in about ten minutes.. what to say? just WOW, i didn't know what to expect and was really susrprised, a lovely ride that is not possible to describe, you have to live it...

After Remy (with a quick look at the shops of course) i decided to face one of my biggest fear... Crush's Coaster. I had rode it in 2008 when it opened and had been scared to death (silly i know because i am ok in almost every rollercoaster) and had not been doing that anymore since.
Anyway i joined the single rider line once more and was in the shell in about 15 minutes. Well now i wonder what i had found so scary to avoid going there for 6 years... it's faboulous and one of my favourite rides now lol

Another walk in was ToT

20141208_160140_zps19ccfa63.jpg

then a look in the shops of the Studios ( Mickey and Minnie were in the courtyard for meet and greet
DSCN0340_zpsf5f26680.jpg
)

then the main park again for a quick look at the parade (will talk about it on day $ ;).

Even it was only 5 pm it had got pretty dark, plus shops were crowded with people so i decided to get the shuttle and go and pick up my mum.
Trip to the parks with her walking so slowly was not that easy but somehow got there. Thanks to the CM that allowed us inside the Village from the exit to avoid my mum walking all the way round, we somehow got to the Planet.
I had never been eating there, the crowd was long and waiting time about 50 mins but when i showed my reservation for 8 pm we were sat in about 5 minutes.

20141208_202135_zps332c9209.jpg

20141208_202201_zpsd900cf04.jpg

As Jill had already said portions were huge and my mum didi not feel to eat so much so we sent back quite a few things and were asked by the waiter if the food was not good. We explained and were asked then if we would had liked to bring home the leftovers.
We said no thanks but anyway it was nice of them.
I would ahd loved to walk around the Studios but as it was not possible for my mum we just got back to the shuttle stop but as it was not there and she was tired we got a taxi and back to the Kyriad...

After all day two was not bad for me and not completely wasted for her...

Wow, you did get a lot done Giuly and well done mum for coming in for dinner. I adore your hat! It's beautiful. :goodvibes

Wow, you did get a lot done Giuly and well done mum for coming in for dinner. I adore your hat! It's beautiful. :goodvibes

Thanks Anne, i think it must be about ten years old, i got it from the Disney Store in Florence and somewhere i think i have matching gloves too.. but i can't remeber where they are lol :rotfl:

Lovely day - you managed to get a lot done despite the weather :)

Love your hat too! I suppose one advantage to you being on your own was the single rider queues!

Love your hat too! I suppose one advantage to you being on your own was the single rider queues!

Glad you like my hat girls :thumbsup2

Well i think single riders queue is great anyway if you do not have kids, mind you the one on Nemo is pretty slow anyway as all the not single riders seemed to be groups of four lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter