Two reservations at different hotels at the same time

jimtwo

Earning My Ears
Is it ok to have two separate reservations at two different hotels at the same time, under the same name/account? I'm planning a trip in the summer, and will be staying at the Pop for a week. I'd like to also book a night at WL, but due to how the trip is scheduled, it would be better if I did that WL night in the middle of the week, and not at the beginning or end as a split stay. I'd also rather not have three different reservations and have to check out and back in a the Pop mid-week, so I was hoping to just eat the extra cost and have one night where I have two reservations at two different hotels at once under my name/account. Is this allowed, or will this cause issues? The WDW hotels site seems like it will let me do it, but I didn't proceed yet in case it would cause a problem. I was curious before I went ahead and booked if anyone else has done this in the past.

Thanks!

Same name(s) on 2 different Disney resort reservations for the same night can cause issues with MDE. The reservations are linked to your MDE account, and it could impact your using Magic Bands to enter a room, charge to a room, park reservations, etc. We've experienced the problem.

I wanted to do something similar a couple of years back, but was told that you cannot have the same names in different reservations at the same time.
But you could possibly open a separate MDE account with a different email and different profiles and solve it like that.
It's a bit of a hassle though. If you have tickets in one profile and a hotel reservation in another, you'd have to log in and out of the app to open the door to the room fex.. But you can ask for a card.

I've had two rooms reserved at the same time plenty of times. Usually it's because I have to call to make reservations under the military discount, but sometimes find a better deal. I book what I need to ensure I have it and then call to make changes later. Sometimes it is same day, sometimes in the future. Also, and not exactly the same, but right now I have DVC overlapping stays in my MDE. These are all with the same MDE, same names, etc. (Note: this is due to an issue with my DVC points rental company and not because I want them both in there).

That being said, I can see how your magic bands might get wonky since you are actually keeping both rooms. I just wanted to chime in that you absolutely can have multiple rooms booked at the same time

ETA: In MDE it just shows both reservations at the top and in each day's itinerary. It also has the "check-in" option for both at the same time.

You can definitely have two reservations overlapping at once in MDE for future stays, but I think the problem will be on arrival when you have multiple rooms linked to the same MDE/Magicband.
I was told it would cause problems with the rooms and possibly the tickets.
But people tend to find solutions for all these things, so maybe it's completely doable ;-)

Just FYI, here is what an overlapping stay looks like in MDE. This is the same for DVC or regular reservations. They both include the 26th.

20230416_103345.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter