• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Two-Story Boardwalk Grand Villa?????

supercalafragalistic

Earning My Ears
My family is coming down and staying in a Grand Villa and as we were routing around in pictures on the internet we came across a picture of a two story Grand Villa at Boardwalk. Does anyone know where we can find current pictures of this and a floorplan?

Thank you!!!!

Not sure if the Grand Villa is an up and down layout, but i did find this???

Apparently they blocked the url......... google Boardwalk Grand Villa...you'll get something

We have stayed in both grand villa types and recently BLT GV MK view.
As for grand massive size the single floor punches the most WOW factor in its massive size. Both are gorgeous wichever you might get there is no upstairs secondary entry though in the 2 story, however you do get a romeo and juliet balcony overlooking the livingroom in the 2 story.
The 2 story does seem more cozey than the single story and has no oversized full laundry room complete with top loading washer with wash basin.
The decor makeover makes the 2 story just enviting and warm.

Scott

The Grand Villas at BW are one floor and have a view of the BW.

dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts/boardwalk-villas/guest-room-inventory

We are at BWV now doing our big family trip and one of our rooms is a 2 story GV. I begged MS to try to get us a one story and MS even called the room assigner 1 week before we arrived but no luck. We have 2 - 1 year olds staying in the GV and I was worried about the steps. Mousekeeping brought a baby gate but that makes it almost impossible for adults and other kids to get up the steps. So we ended up putting the ironing board across the steps between the railings (at least the ironing board got used for once! :rotfl: )
I also looked online for photos of the 2 story GVs before we arrived without luck. I tried to take pictures when we got here but they did not turn out well because my point-and-shoot does not have a wide enough angle lens. The unit is actually much nicer looking than the pictures show. The view is SPECTACULAR. All 4 of our rooms are on the 5th floor. We haven't been on 5th for a few years and I had forgotten how much of Wishes and Illuminations is visible from here.

Kitchen. It is not terribly large but our family doesn't really cook on vacation.
IMG_1307.jpg

The dining/living area is nicer and larger than this photo appears. There are 2 separate doors to the balcony:
IMG_1311.jpg

IMG_1326.jpg

View from balcony to the right. I didn't take a photo to the left (dumb of me because you can see a lot of Wishes):
IMG_1325.jpg

Master bedroom and bath on first floor. There is a window, no balcony. It is just like the master in 1 and 2 bedroom units except that there is no connecting door between the jacuzzi bath and the shower/toilet.
IMG_1308.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

IMG_1310.jpg

Upper floor bedroom and bath. Both bedrooms/baths are the same except one has a balcony and the other has a window.
IMG_1318.jpg

IMG_1316.jpg

IMG_1315.jpg

I forgot to mention that one of the upper bedrooms has a small balcony overlooking the living room. Oddly the balcony doors have windows with no covering so light from downstairs shines in. This was a problem for baby naps.
IMG_1312.jpg

IMG_1321.jpg

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1320.jpg

The single story GVs have a full size laundry area. The 2 story ones only have a stackable set and it is upstairs.
IMG_1317.jpg

Here is a photo from the outside. The 2 GVs that are 2 story are in the yellow painted area, the top 2 floors (floors 5 and 6). They are right next to each other, 5037 and 5035.
IMG_1356.jpg

Wish I had better photos to share but these will give you some idea. The family members who are staying in the GV love it. DH and I are happy that 5 kids under 5 are in the GV and we are in a nice, quiet 1 bedroom down the hall! :lmao:

We are at BWV now doing our big family trip and one of our rooms is a 2 story GV. I begged MS to try to get us a one story and MS even called the room assigner 1 week before we arrived but no luck. We have 2 - 1 year olds staying in the GV and I was worried about the steps. Mousekeeping brought a baby gate but that makes it almost impossible for adults and other kids to get up the steps. So we ended up putting the ironing board across the steps between the railings (at least the ironing board got used for once! :rotfl: )
I also looked online for photos of the 2 story GVs before we arrived without luck. I tried to take pictures when we got here but they did not turn out well because my point-and-shoot does not have a wide enough angle lens. The unit is actually much nicer looking than the pictures show. The view is SPECTACULAR. All 4 of our rooms are on the 5th floor. We haven't been on 5th for a few years and I had forgotten how much of Wishes and Illuminations is visible from here.

Kitchen. It is not terribly large but our family doesn't really cook on vacation.
IMG_1307.jpg

The dining/living area is nicer and larger than this photo appears. There are 2 separate doors to the balcony:
IMG_1311.jpg

IMG_1326.jpg

View from balcony to the right. I didn't take a photo to the left (dumb of me because you can see a lot of Wishes):
IMG_1325.jpg

Master bedroom and bath on first floor. There is a window, no balcony. It is just like the master in 1 and 2 bedroom units except that there is no connecting door between the jacuzzi bath and the shower/toilet.
IMG_1308.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

IMG_1310.jpg

Upper floor bedroom and bath. Both bedrooms/baths are the same except one has a balcony and the other has a window.
IMG_1318.jpg

IMG_1316.jpg

IMG_1315.jpg

I forgot to mention that one of the upper bedrooms has a small balcony overlooking the living room. Oddly the balcony doors have windows with no covering so light from downstairs shines in. This was a problem for baby naps.
IMG_1312.jpg

IMG_1321.jpg

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1320.jpg

The single story GVs have a full size laundry area. The 2 story ones only have a stackable set and it is upstairs.
IMG_1317.jpg

Here is a photo from the outside. The 2 GVs that are 2 story are in the yellow painted area, the top 2 floors (floors 5 and 6). They are right next to each other, 5037 and 5035.
IMG_1356.jpg

Wish I had better photos to share but these will give you some idea. The family members who are staying in the GV love it. DH and I are happy that 5 kids under 5 are in the GV and we are in a nice, quiet 1 bedroom down the hall! :lmao:

Thanks so much for these great pictures! three friends and I are arriving Saturday and staying in a BWV GV - I hope we get a one story one.

does anyone have any recent pictures/video of the 2 story grand villas at the boardwalk? I was told you might get put in one of the few if you don't request not to be....... I would like to know if they have the same amount of space

There are 5 single-story and 2 two-story GVs at BWV. The single story is the better unit, including because its "great" room with combined living, dining and kitchen is larger than the like area in the 2-story, and it has a large laundry room ideally located near the master bedroom while the other two bedrooms are on the other side of the unit. Compare that to the 2-stroy which has no laundry room but just a stacked water-dryer in a small closet right at the end of the hallway on the second floor, "ideally" located to require the ones who usually do the laundry to go up and down the stairs, and the very loud w/d is right next to a bedroom that is likely to have young children trying to sleep at night when you usually have to do laundry. Otherwise the 2-story is OK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter