Ty-bugs MAW pre-trip to ride Jaws and go to Disney! July 10-16 2010

Sounds like you've got a good plan put together! I like how you have the last day reserved. It will cover you in case you have a rain day or some other snafu on one of your other park days.

The ziploc bags are a great idea. So many of our Big Give outfits came in bags like that, and I just kept them packed away in the same ones. Then, use the same bags when you pack your backpack or whatever for the park with an spare outfit or whatever you think you may need for the day. :goodvibes

You guys are so close :cool1: Your park plan looks great and I hope the rest of the next 18 days fly by and soon you will be at Give Kids the World :banana:

The kids are going to look great in all of their custom made outfits from the Big Givers!!

Sounds like you've got a good plan put together! I like how you have the last day reserved. It will cover you in case you have a rain day or some other snafu on one of your other park days.

The ziploc bags are a great idea. So many of our Big Give outfits came in bags like that, and I just kept them packed away in the same ones. Then, use the same bags when you pack your backpack or whatever for the park with an spare outfit or whatever you think you may need for the day. :goodvibes

Oh that is a good idea on the spare clothes. I did manage to keep some of the baggies but Ty did tear into a few:rotfl:

You guys are so close :cool1: Your park plan looks great and I hope the rest of the next 18 days fly by and soon you will be at Give Kids the World :banana:

The kids are going to look great in all of their custom made outfits from the Big Givers!!

Ty is keeping good track of the days now lol. He is READY!!:laughing: I can't wait for them to wear them! I showed my family at our Fathers Day picnic lol. They loved them!

Your park plans look great!

Here's my you are in the teens dance! :cool1::banana::woohoo:

Thank you!

Ok we are "thinking" about inviting my parent's and mil. But I need to make some calls tomarrow to figure some things out first. I mentioned it to my parents but not mil as I want to get some info on how we would do things. They would have to fly and get their own hotel rooms at their expense but I'm wondering if they could ride with us to and from the airport in the limo. And to what extent they can join us at GKTW. They would also have to either rent cars or take taxi's to and from GKTW if they are allowed to be with us during the day at GKTW. So alot of ifs and possibilities but we will see. I haven't decided just yet. I don't have long to decide:laughing:

I did absolutely NOTHING today:rotfl2: Ok well I did manage to call the airline to see how to pack Ty's cooling vest and ice for his medicine. Which they said the icepacks are fine but I should make sure to have a note from the dr saying they are medically necessary. I just need to pick that up soon.

Ty received his GKTW packet today:banana: We are getting there!!! 16 more days!

GiveKidstheWorldpacketJune242010013.jpg

GiveKidstheWorldpacketJune242010016.jpg

I did ask my mil last night to go but I haven't heard yet if she can get off work. So we will see. I know nothing like last minute:lmao:

Yesterday Ty had therapy then we met mil and Sierra out to eat. Today we are taking a day at home to get some things done. Tomarrow we are spending the day out and about with dh. So I hope to get alot done today. I think the humidity is supposed to be less today and tomarrow so that will be good. I can't believe it's almost July 4th already!!:eek:

Woo-hoo for the GKTW packet!

You are a brave woman to be adding more travelers now! Trying to do that two weeks before the trip would send me right over the edge.

We are down to 13 days!:cool1: And Ty is ready to go lol. We are trying to keep ourselves busy to pass the time. Friday we went back to our local amusement park this time dh was able to go with us so we did a trial run with his knee and being there all day. It went great. We had such a good time.We stayed for the fireworks too. Thankfully it wasn't too hot. Dh says well I made it all day here so I should be good to go for Disney:thumbsup2
cellphonepicsJune262010185.jpg
cellphonepicsJune262010188.jpg

and this little girl kept serenading Ty with bubbles. He thought it was funny. They would land on his head and sit there. Sierra was helping them get to him:rotfl:
cellphonepicsJune262010191.jpg

Then yesterday we went to the movies. We started out seeing Grown Ups. Dh really wanted to see it and I thought it would be funny. I called beforehand since it is a pg13 movie and asked about language and why is it pg13. The lady assured me it wasn't that bad that there were just a few grown up "conversations". Ok I could deal with that. Well not long after it started I knew it wasn't for my kids and there was no way we were sitting there through that movie. My parents were with us too:eek: So I went out and asked if we could change movies and the lady said sure. So me and the kids headed to see Marmaduke. This is THE cutest movie. Hilarioius:lmao: My dh and mom and dad said the other one was not too bad after we left thank goodness;)

Today is a shopping day for me. Dh still needs some shoes(he better work at getting those broke in soon;) and I need to get a few last things for the trip.

This week I have
Me eye apt and license renewal
Sierra check up
Ty pulmonologist
Take Ty's wheelchair to get the new modifications put on. Hopefully it all gets here in time. Everything was on its way but one piece that is custom.

We are getting closer!!

Well me and my packing isn't doing all that well:rotfl: I have two large suitcases packed and 2 small ones. I had planned on checking the two large ones but when I got on airtrans website it appears it is 15 for the first one and 25 for the second one and Im assuming that is each leg? So then I decided I will check one big one and carryone the other big one and the two smaller ones. But I guess I can't do that because the big one is too big to be a carry on? If I check the two larger ones that is over a $100 I just dont see any way around it:confused3 Just trying not to have so much to carry. And really still need one more empty one.

Well me and my packing isn't doing all that well:rotfl: I have two large suitcases packed and 2 small ones. I had planned on checking the two large ones but when I got on airtrans website it appears it is 15 for the first one and 25 for the second one and Im assuming that is each leg? So then I decided I will check one big one and carryone the other big one and the two smaller ones. But I guess I can't do that because the big one is too big to be a carry on? If I check the two larger ones that is over a $100 I just dont see any way around it:confused3 Just trying not to have so much to carry. And really still need one more empty one.

You might want to give them a call. That might be 15 each direction for the first bag, not each leg of the trip. Plus, I would think that is 15 for the first piece for each of you, not for the full family. They say for each "coach class reservation." Technically you have 4 reservations. So one big one checked (say, by you) would be 15 and one big one checked (say by DH) woud be 15, so 30 each direction. Just make sure they are within the size/weight limits, and it sould be ok. Also, if you have smaller carry on cases, you can divide one of the bigger ones up. You can each take one carry on and a personal item (like a purse, laptop...).

You might want to give them a call. That might be 15 each direction for the first bag, not each leg of the trip. Plus, I would think that is 15 for the first piece for each of you, not for the full family. They say for each "coach class reservation." Technically you have 4 reservations. So one big one checked (say, by you) would be 15 and one big one checked (say by DH) woud be 15, so 30 each direction. Just make sure they are within the size/weight limits, and it sould be ok. Also, if you have smaller carry on cases, you can divide one of the bigger ones up. You can each take one carry on and a personal item (like a purse, laptop...).

Thank you:goodvibes

I just got off the phone and they told me it is $15 each first bag and that is each way so $60 for 2. I also asked once again about the medical bag and he said if it is a cpap machine or something like that it is fine but I actually had planned on one suitcase being his medical bag (goodnights, caths, tubing, etc) but he said if it is in a suitcase it will count as a carryon:confused3 So I am going to try to rethink this. I know it will work out I just have to learn how to pack. I also want to take my personal item as a backpack (as well as the kids stuff) but now I'm not so sure we can do this and I didn't ask.

Ok today I got my license renewed and eyes checked so that is two more things off the list:banana: I love our pink license I think they are purty. :rotfl2:I picked out pink glasses too (now I promise I did NOT plan that:rotfl2:). So all of our glasses are at least ordered and probably wont come in till we get back but that is done. woot woot!

Could you ship the stuff down that you don't actually need for the flight? I know that a lot of people just UPS (or whatever) packages to themselves with food, sunblock and whatever they need just to avoid the higher airline fees. Would GKTW allow you to ship it down and just have it there waiting when you get there? You might be able to save a little that way? If nothing else, it will save on having to take it all through the airport.

We should definately see each other. If you see me PLEASE stop and say hi! Maybe we can plan a meet up before the Winter Wonderland. :thumbsup2

We are in the TEENS!!! 19 Days to go:banana:

So far I haven't recieved our packet from GKTW and I haven't heard from our Wish Granters when we will meet up yet but I'm sure we will hear something soon. I am trying to work down the list of to do's. I have put the kids Customs from the Big Givers in labled gallon size baggies. I am putting the day and park on each baggie. I think it will be so much easier to have their clothes ready to go.

of course i will!!! i think i'll be able to recognize ur kiddos :) i think i'm going to do bags for lauren too...she can help that way there's no i don't want to where this lol

Could you ship the stuff down that you don't actually need for the flight? I know that a lot of people just UPS (or whatever) packages to themselves with food, sunblock and whatever they need just to avoid the higher airline fees. Would GKTW allow you to ship it down and just have it there waiting when you get there? You might be able to save a little that way? If nothing else, it will save on having to take it all through the airport.

I think the trouble I'm running into is the meds and the supplies for the meds they take up a whole carryon. I figured it out that we will check the two with the clothes in them and 2 carryons one for meds etc (I had hoped these would fit in my backpack) and one pretty much empty carryon with a duffle in it for extra's to bring back. It was funny cause dh said the same thing "why don't you just ship it:laughing:)

of course i will!!! i think i'll be able to recognize ur kiddos :) i think i'm going to do bags for lauren too...she can help that way there's no i don't want to where this lol

It has saved some room in the suitcase too.Looking forward to seeing you:love:

I sent our Big Give pictures over the computer to a online pharmacy printer. I just got them back and I am very pleased. It was my first time and I think I will do that again when I don't have time to run the card in. So now I have them in before our trip and that is one less thing I have to do. I am making Ty a scrapbook to keep of his trip from the first day we got the approved Wish letter to the ride back home from Disney and I will put a picture in of each thing the wonderful ladies from the Big Give gave him all of us. Something he will charish for a very long time.

We went to pick up the kids glasses today (wasn't I just there yesterday?:confused3) then we went to the store for a few essentials. I picked up some luggage tags and some space saver bags as they were on clearance:cool1: I found the perfect suitcase for Ty. It was Lime green:lmao: I didn't buy it but I thought is was neat.

I'm just getting back into the routine here at home and you are about to leave! Tessa wants to see Toy Story and Marmaduke. We'll see. :rotfl: My husband is dying to see the Grown Ups. He's such a kid.:lmao:

I can't believe they are counting his medical carryon against your total. :mad:

9 days to go:banana: We made it to the single digits:cool1:

I have the packing all sorted out and pretty much ready to go. So today we have Ty's pulmo apt and I need to take Sierra to get a knee brace:sad2: She hurt her knee a few weeks back and the ped thinks there could be a tear. He wants her to get a brace and gave her some exercises to do and if there is no change by Tuesday she will need an mri. She is able to walk on it pretty good just any twisting sends her down. What is it with knees around here:confused3

We are supposed to meet up with our Wish granter on Monday but that is tentitive. Seems we all have crazy schedules:rotfl2: Other then the Wheelchair modifications and pt we are pretty good to go for next week and I plan on sitting on my parents back deck and relaxing most of the week! We are all so excited around here. Ty keeps telling me I am riding EVERY ride at EVERY park:scared1: I will give it a try! Tim and Sierra are now realizing just how close it is. I think they are getting butterflies but you didn't hear it from me:laughing:

Wow 9 days !! I am so excited for you guys, can only imagine how excited kids are ! i;m loving the pretrip report :)

Wow 9 days !! I am so excited for you guys, can only imagine how excited kids are ! i;m loving the pretrip report :)

They are soo excited! They even have their little "stash" of goodies by the couch ready to go.

We meet with our Wish Granter on Monday to get our packet:cool1: I am so glad it worked out for Monday since Tim will be home from work.

I think I might go out and get a book to read on the plane. I really like the Chicken Soup books so I think I will get one of those. We have a half priced bookstore here that I have not been to so I might check it out a little later. Suitcases are packed and ready to go except the kids blankets. I'm going to have them sleep in their clothes Friday night so they wont have to worry about getting dressed at 4am. ;)

They are soo excited! They even have their little "stash" of goodies by the couch ready to go.

We meet with our Wish Granter on Monday to get our packet:cool1: I am so glad it worked out for Monday since Tim will be home from work.

I think I might go out and get a book to read on the plane. I really like the Chicken Soup books so I think I will get one of those. We have a half priced bookstore here that I have not been to so I might check it out a little later. Suitcases are packed and ready to go except the kids blankets. I'm going to have them sleep in their clothes Friday night so they wont have to worry about getting dressed at 4am. ;)

Yeah for your trip being so close! We have had the kids sleep in their clothes the night before a trip and it works great! :banana::banana::banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter