TyeDye shirts for 2006 are done...yay!

TheRatPack

Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed
Here is my 2006 TyeDye shirt. Last year we did magenta/purple/blue mix but this year we stuck with really bright primary colors.

Front of shirt:
100_0865.jpg

Back of 2 shirts laying side by side:
100_0859.jpg

GREAT JOB! Mind sharing your technique?
(And say, isn't there room in the middle of that Mickey head on the front to iron on something? lol. :rotfl2: Ok, I have a problem.)

They look great. Your Mickey heads are so defined.

sconnell said:
GREAT JOB! Mind sharing your technique?
(And say, isn't there room in the middle of that Mickey head on the front to iron on something? lol. :rotfl2: Ok, I have a problem.)

LOL, well I didn't show you the two Medium sized ones for my ds and dd. I put two Mickey heads toggled left and right on the back in the center and I'm thinking of airbrushing their first and last initial in those heads :)

And yes I used the largest Mickey head on the front so there is room to airbrush something or iron on something (although I don't think I'd iron anything on them, just because the tye dye last longer than the iron on usually).

I used the basic technique, just sew a Mickey Head (or lots of them in my case of al different sizes) and then wrap rubber bands around them and then I put different tye dye technique circles by folding, crinkling, twisting....etc all over between Mickey Heads.

I dyed the Mickey Heads first, put a ziplock over each one and secured it with a rubber band so I wouldn't drip any dye on them, then dyed the rest of the shirt.

I let them sit in gallon sized ziplocks over night (actually a bit over 30 hours) and then rinsed and rinsed again. Then I washed them twice in the regular washer with light detergent :)

The ones we did last year look like this:

9c7def2b.jpg

I love the way your shirts turned out! My sons have requested that I use darker colors on their shirts.

Thanks for sharing the pictures! :sunny:

Wow yours look better than mine. This was my first time. DH's did not come out that great, but the other three look better.

dis1.jpg

dis2.jpg

I think yours turned out great Our2Girls. You can definitely tell they are Mickey Heads....perfect shirts for your first time!

WOW! Your shirts look awesome! Seems complicated to me though or I am just not reading the directions well! I'll give a try though! What can I lose a few cheap shirts LOL! Way cool at any rate! :thumbsup2

Our 2girls I think yours look really cute as well! Great job for a first try I'd say!

poohraedopey said:
WOW! Your shirts look awesome! Seems complicated to me though or I am just not reading the directions well! I'll give a try though! What can I lose a few cheap shirts LOL! Way cool at any rate! :thumbsup2

Our 2girls I think yours look really cute as well! Great job for a first try I'd say!

Poohraedopey:

They actually were not that difficult at all. The hardest part is the waiting. I don't know if you have an Ac Moore in your area, but they had the T-shirts on sale for 5 for $10. The tye-die kit was around $10, then I used the 40% coupon so everything was cheap enough that if I screwed up, I did not blow fortune.

Oh, we have an AC Moore about to open up in one of our malls. I keep peeking through the paper. The last time I was so excited because I saw all of the t-shirts. DH was not as excited as I was. :rolleyes:

Great shirts, I have bought all the stuff to do some but still slacking off andf that was in December or January!!! :rotfl2:

Hopefully I will get it done before our cruise in May!!!! :goodvibes

I purchased extra dye for a fellow DISer and made some for them as well. It's really like Our2Girls said, the waiting is the hardest part. Well that and all those darn rubber bands and sewing the Mickey Heads. My fingers hurt for days. I'll have to upload a picture of how I looked after doing that many shirts as well. It was funny.....tons of shirts in ziplocks sitting in the floor for 24 hours (actually went over this a bit) and I dyed them in the floor so I dripped it all over my legs and it made my capris a nice pretty rainbow mix LOL

Oh and my gloves got a hole in them so my hand was black from all the colors mixing and my arm got tons on it since I would slip my arm up in the neck to hold it and keep it from touching the back. I had to literally scrub it off with GoJo and a loofa LOL

100_0845.jpg

100_0848.jpg

I must be a touch slow, anyone want to put a visual aid up on this... I've read it a few times and I don't think that I have the skills to take this one on... maybe if I conned the wife. :teeth:

gnoles said:
I must be a touch slow, anyone want to put a visual aid up on this... I've read it a few times and I don't think that I have the skills to take this one on... maybe if I conned the wife. :teeth:
I don't think I could either. Well, I could if I wanted to bad enough, but I'm not sure I do. lol. Maybe I can be the lucky recipient of one. lol.

Now that's what I'm talking about. I think I have a better idea of how it's working now... I was envisioning something sewn on to keep the dye off, not using it to pull the fabric together. *sigh* Let's face it, I'm not that crafty, I can make homemade pizza and throw the dough, but needles are for digging out splinters!

Now off to find out where I can get bullk shirts for my bulk body.

Thanks!

thanks for the link that shows what to do...i'm not a very crafty person, but these look like they'll be fun to try to make!

How do you keep your colors from mixing together. I made some shirts and they turned out pretty good but I kept getting my colors on the other colors. I'm wondering if I'm not folding them correctly?

thanks

darla

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter