Typhoon Lagoon Newbie questions

eileen2664

Mouseketeer
We’ve never been to typhoon lagoon (went to blizzard beach once many years ago). Can anyone give some info on logistics (I think it’ll just be me and ds13 that day)?

What’s the best way to get there from YC? Uber?

How long should we plan to be there for (we’re not really gonna lay around and relax nor do I see us spending much time in the wave pool or river, primarily the slides)?

Will our stuff (clothes and cell phones) be ok in a beach bag or do we really need to deal with the hassle of a locker?

Any other tips?

We’ve never been to typhoon lagoon (went to blizzard beach once many years ago). Can anyone give some info on logistics (I think it’ll just be me and ds13 that day)?

How long should we plan to be there for (we’re not really gonna lay around and relax nor do I see us spending much time in the wave pool or river, primarily the slides)?

Will our stuff (clothes and cell phones) be ok in a beach bag or do we really need to deal with the hassle of a locker?

Any other tips?
If you're going for park open you can take the bus. In our experience the first run goes straight to TL since DS isn't open yet...otherwise, yes uber. Our things have always been fine just in our bag. If you're really not going to hang out or do wave you could probably be done in under 3 hrs depending on crowds and weather (storms will shut things down.)

The wave pool will have periods where it acts like the ocean. Have seen numerous people sit down in the shallow part of the pool and get knocked over by the wave.

your resort mug if you have one doesn’t work for soda, but you can get ice and water in it.

There is an aqua coaster in south east section of the park. It’s pretty cool.

If you don't care about getting a chair "in the action", my favorite place to set up shop at Typhoon Lagoon is by the Tropical Amity Outpost - lots of seating in the sand, super close to the water roller coaster which is our favorite, and bathrooms are right there too. It's pretty quiet in that area of the park every time we go and we always just leave our bag with phones and whatnot by the chair, no locker.

We just took a Minnie Van when we went.

We got there a little after opening (so 10 ish) and stayed until about 3, but we mostly did the lazy river with only a few slides. Still, I don’t think it’s a full day type of experience imo. We went back to Poly to rest, shower, etc and went to dinner at DS.

Any other tips?

We booked one of the umbrellas online and I really, really enjoyed it—was nice not having to stress out over finding a chair with shade considering this was supposed to be a lazier day. I just left my beach bag there and carried my phone and ID/cards on me, but my gf was too anxious and got a locker for her bag. Our umbrella was on the strip of beach facing the wave pool and it was a great location, but the only thing I didn’t like was towards the end of our time there, some jerk family decided to drag chairs over and camp out with all their crap literally right at the rope behind our umbrella, which was the closest point of egress in and out of our roped off area. We had to climb over these jerks any time we wanted to go back and forth to our umbrella. In hindsight I really should have gotten a CM but we weren’t there for much longer.

If you get there for opening (I agree that the first bus will be direct), then you shoudl be able to complete all of the slides and attractions quickly, probably multiple times. The lines start getting longer after an hour or so, but are still pretty manageable. I've gone, hit all of the slides, did a Lazy River circuit and hit the wave pool for a while all before Noon. I usually leave at mid-day personally.

I’m for getting a locker ever since we were at a water park and my friends keys and wallet were stolen. Even if it’s just a few hours. We shove everything in there. Then you don’t have to find a chair either.

The pavements can get hot, there are sprinklers. We use the lazy river to get where we need to go. I usually wear water shoes. Dh and ds go barefoot. But there is debris from trees on the paths and I my feet are sensitive.

My biggest tip-get there a bit before the park opens. You can get a lot done with the lower crowds in the first hour or two. After that, the lines are long.

Great tips have been shared here. I am glad you asked the question! The umbrella chairs are wonderful but are the only thing mentioned that is really optional. Locker rental, protecting your feet, etc, are essential.

During the surf waves in the big lagoon, it is not uncommon for people to be caught unaware of the force of the water. If you are knocked off your feet in shallow water, it is very easy to get a painful road rash from the rough floor of the pool. It will feel like being dragged across a cheese grater. Keep your wits about you and make sure you are braced to keep your balance. The waves are so much fun if you are confident to enjoy them at a depth where you can body surf, bob, or duck under them, but please watch out for the surprising force in the shallow end. Hold onto small children. Anyone with balance problems would be safer during the gentle bobbing waves time, or in another pool or the lazy river.

Don’t miss Miss Adventure Falls - it’s my favourite!

Great tips have been shared here. I am glad you asked the question! The umbrella chairs are wonderful but are the only thing mentioned that is really optional. Locker rental, protecting your feet, etc, are essential.

During the surf waves in the big lagoon, it is not uncommon for people to be caught unaware of the force of the water. If you are knocked off your feet in shallow water, it is very easy to get a painful road rash from the rough floor of the pool. It will feel like being dragged across a cheese grater. Keep your wits about you and make sure you are braced to keep your balance. The waves are so much fun if you are confident to enjoy them at a depth where you can body surf, bob, or duck under them, but please watch out for the surprising force in the shallow end. Hold onto small children. Anyone with balance problems would be safer during the gentle bobbing waves time, or in another pool or the lazy river.

Don’t miss Miss Adventure Falls - it’s my favourite!
So true! I’ll just add you should really have water shoes on. That “cheese grater” bottom really tore up the bottoms of my feet! Painful lesson to learn!

Take the bus, skip the locker. Don't count out the wave pool - it's the best part of the park!

We always get a locker. Your stuff is safe...until it's not. People always assume that Disney is a safe place but there are thieves everywhere. I find renting a locker to be pretty hassle free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter