Ughhhhh! Kids!!

Debbie

DIScovering DIS magic-missing my colours
I have finally completed my ADR's and printed off the meals that we are going to be attending so that the girls (12 and 15) and DH can have a look. DD15 looked at the first one (Concourse dinner) and said, "Yuck. Don't they have plain pasta-without all those veggies? Filet (mignon) is fish, right? I don't eat fish. . . .steak? Can't I order from the kids menu? You know me, I'm just a plain, don't try anything new sort of gal!"

Luckily, the second TS is Sci-Fi and she's okay with a burger. This could be a l-o-n-g trip. :crazy:

Actually Mignon is steak..If you want the pasta without the veggies you may be able to order it without the veggies..

:lmao: :rotfl2:
I feel your pain!

Concourse has always been very flexible and willing to accommodate special requests whenever we have been there, so you should be fine. Just ask and they should prepare the pasta without veggies and just plain, with butter, or sauce.
They also let my kids (WDW "adults") order off the kid's menu and gave them a bigger portion.

My biggest problem after eating there with my boys has been them wanting to order filet mignon all the time now when we go out $$$$$$$$! They tried it there and loved it.

I'm mean so I would look at her and say ...

"Honey, we can always leave you with Grandma who can make you plain pasta at home while we go and have a good time on the trip."

I wouldn't even show her any more menus. Just gives that teen attitude they ALL have a chance to surface!

My DH is a picky eater so he always turns his nose up at menu's I pre-print ... amazingly he always finds something to eat no matter where we go!

WDWO

Debbie said:
I have finally completed my ADR's and printed off the meals that we are going to be attending so that the girls (12 and 15) and DH can have a look. DD15 looked at the first one (Concourse dinner) and said, "Yuck. Don't they have plain pasta-without all those veggies? Filet (mignon) is fish, right? I don't eat fish. . . .steak? Can't I order from the kids menu? You know me, I'm just a plain, don't try anything new sort of gal!"

Luckily, the second TS is Sci-Fi and she's okay with a burger. This could be a l-o-n-g trip. :crazy:

Hey, you can always leave 'em home...

(did I say that out loud, or was I just thinkin' it...? <lol>)

I know where your coming from!! My 15 year old DD is a vegetarian and eats like a bird!!! An adult meal could feed her for a week!!!

It does not stop DH and I from enjoying our dinners out. My other DD's (10 and 8) are picky too but not as bad!! They will eat some meat but mostly pasta!!

There have been times that my oldest has asked permission to order off the kids menu and the waiter/waitress has complied with no problem. Doesn't hurt to ask!!

Good luck!!

Our DS 19 lives on burgers, fries, and pizza when at Disney. We go to dinner and meet him later. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Yes you can order plain pasta. I agree with the others, my Dad never allowed us to, as he put it, "cop an attitude with him", especially about vacations.

Maybe they would prefer you drop them off at the Snack center while you and your husband enjoy an adult meal upstairs.

Thanks for all the replies. You have to know my DD. :rotfl2: It was not an attitude thing. Of all of my kids (5 of 'em) she's the one without the attitude. Every day I thank the Lord for this one. She has a wicked sense of humour, and knows just what to say to make me laugh. :rotfl: Oh and I know what filet is, she just heard fillet! :teeth:
I did tell her that she could have whatever omitted that she wanted, and I figured that she could ask for anything on the kids' menu and the server would accomodate. Thanks for confiriming that. I know that she'd love to paint the cookie, since sugar cookies are her specialty. :artist:
I say thank heavens it's FREE dining! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter