Uh oh... going to DCA on Columbus/Indigenous Peoples Day

Jhornick

Earning My Ears
Hi! Canadian here and turns out I've booked my trip during what will be a busy time! I'll be at DCA on Oct. 9 with Genie Plus, starting at rope drop, but I've heard this will be a busy day. I was going to start the day whipping through Pixar Pier. Should I alter that and do some of my kids' must do rides on Genie Plus first like Guardians? Ideally, we'd go on nearly everything, but it may be too busy to do that. What I need to figure out is which time to do single rider for Radiator Springs too. Appreciate the tips!

It'll be a busy day for sure! Having Genie+ will be key...as you can use it to get on GotG. Seems that the hotel guests run to WebSlingers or RsR. Personally, I really enjoy Midway Mania, so I'll go there first, then incredicoaster, then hit all my LLs while getting MM a second time.

I'd hit single rider RsR earlier in the morning. When it gets to be 11am or noon, it's not unusual for the single rider line to stretch out to the ride marquee.

Have a great time!

Wouldn't the holiday actually reduce the typical Monday crowds? A non holiday Monday is always the worst day of the week to visit.

It's also fall break for us in Tennessee :P and as a teacher and Halloween freak, that's my week to go!! We flew in on Monday last year and were in the parks Tuesday-Friday with Genie+. It honestly wasn't that bad. I know October is one of the busiest months now, but we survived and planning to do the same week in 2024 (with an extra day of course 😊).

Grad nights however...never again.

We don't have fall break in Canada! Can't believe I didn't stumble on this in my pre-trip research. What a week to have picked. Makes me feel a little better that you were there last year and it wasn't too bad.

We don't have fall break in Canada! Can't believe I didn't stumble on this in my pre-trip research. What a week to have picked. Makes me feel a little better that you were there last year and it wasn't too bad.
Fellow Canadian here and also going to be at DCA on the same day. Did not know about fall break for a lot of students or the holiday....

Columbus Day or not, October is always really busy. Think of it as summer without less chance of sweltering heat.

As others have said, October is busy regardless, so don’t overthink it. ;)

With G+ and if you are only doing DCA you will be able to accomplish a lot so fear not. I would choose Guardians as your fist LL, as you can get another LL for Monsters After Dark (usually pop up later in the afternoon.) You can absolutely start in Pixar Pier and knock out Incredicoaster and Toy Story standby (and potential more than once) first thing in the morning while waiting for your Guardians return time. This way you can use G+ for a Incredicoaster LL later in the night. Then I would choose Webslingers for your next LL (or do this single rider). Check on the single rider RSR on your way to Webslingers as it is shorter in the morning. Mid day it can be almost as long as standby. This is also good to single rider later on in the night.

Truly, DCA is easy to do in a day especially with G+. Set your top priorities and focus your G+ on those and everything else is gravy. Have a great trip!

We just got back. It was INSANE! But we did great with G+, so no complaints. And OBB was great as well, and low crowds to us! This weekend is no joke (which we knew since we almost always go this holiday weekend due to DD’s school schedule). G+ sold out by morning on both Saturday and Sunday. LLs were quite fast, standby was a nightmare.

Here is a photo I took of the area in front of POTC on this past Sunday around 12:30pm.

IMG_0821.jpeg

Another fellow Canadian here....we are going April 5th to 11th/24.....Easter falls in late March next year....so will the parks be super busy early April given this fact? We have 5 day passes and Genie+.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter