Uhm....Bahamas is now requiring vaccinations for all passengers over 12..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we seen an announcement from Carnival before now? Did a quick search and didn't see anything.

They basically already had it. Everyone was required to be vaccinated if not you needed to reach out and request a specific exemption for yourself for the specific sailing.

Not sure if this removes any exemption possibility or not.

I just got an email confirming my unused cruise credits are gonna be applied as a stateroom credit. (9/6 sailing)
I got the email as well. Such a tease because I thought it was the announcement we’ve all been waiting for.

Funny thing is they called me a few weeks ago to discuss it. I hadn’t pre-paid for gratuities or signed up for transfers so I applied some of my credit towards that.

A second person in our facebook group has now "confirmed" their travel agent was told vaccines required for 12+ and that the website was to be updated tonight with emails being drafted soon.

How hard is that though? It takes them four days to draft an email that says "vaxxed only please!"? It took the other cruise lines HOURS to update their sites. not days. If that's the case this has really been ridiculous on DCL's part...

How hard is that though? It takes them four days to draft an email that says "vaxxed only please!"? It took the other cruise lines HOURS to update their sites. not days. If that's the case this has really been ridiculous on DCL's part...

I suspect they didn't even decide anything until late today. I am guessing there are decision makers who work out of CA so they weren't even in the office until 11am EST, then some back and forth, then a call, then a go ahead finally.

Still don’t see anything official yet. The know before you go still says last updated Aug16th.

Still don’t see anything official yet. The know before you go still says last updated Aug16th.

I saw the DCL site go down for updates around 10-12 EST in the past couple weeks so there is a possibility that the team that does larger website updates doesn't get in until later. The 8am EST updates could be right before they leave for the day.

Not sure might also just be a US resource who pulls an all nighter when there are updates needed.

A second person in our facebook group has now "confirmed" their travel agent was told vaccines required for 12+ and that the website was to be updated tonight with emails being drafted soon.
The website with that updated will be a really nice thing to wake up to, but I'm not holding my breath.

Got this email just now, and fully expected it to be all questions about how we’d feel when/if they restrict to vaccinated passengers only. It wasn’t. 🤣

Attachments

• 8C69A98B-D578-4877-A8C6-03CE3805CE31.jpeg
    8C69A98B-D578-4877-A8C6-03CE3805CE31.jpeg
    52.2 KB · Views: 179
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter