UK flights pairing with DVC room

ChipTheRescueRanger

Mouseketeer
Hi All.

I am looking at trying to arrange a trip from the UK for Late August (partners a teacher boo)

We are hoping to rent points to do a 10 night stay at Beach club and then maybe 4 nights at the Polly.

Whats the best way to try and get a trip like this booked.

Book flights first (when a sale is on) and then rooms or room first and then flights ?

Would we have issue with the amount of nights in these resorts doing late august ?

I believe we will need around 172 points for Beach club and 63 for Polly are DVC points for these resorts more expense or is around $18 the going rate.

Thanks.

Ideally you would need to find people who own at these resorts to rent points from - which could end up being from two different people. Home resorts can be booked at 11 months out, and non home resorts at 7 months out. Late August is a quieter time, but I still wouldn't bank on being able to book those resorts after the 11 month mark as they are very popular, especially studios.
If you do see a great deal for flights before you can book your accommodation, you could always stay off site or at a value resort for a night or two before or after to make your dates work.

Thats my plans for next summer. I booked 14 nights at the Poly via (not sure if I am allowed to name them) a reputable DVC 'middle man'. I paid a 25% deposit and the reminder is due several weeks before the arrival date.

I check in on 26th June, still no flights booked but check prices daily. I still find the prices are to high and hoping/gambling that they come down, perhaps in a sale around January

👍

The sooner you sort out the DVC booking, the better. We are already within the 11th month booking window so there's a chance your preferred room is already booked out. It's really hard to get BC rooms at the 7 month mark, especially for extended stays. We've tried a few times in August but haven't managed it. It's even harder at the moment because there are so many points unused after the pandemic still

The sooner you sort out the DVC booking, the better. We are already within the 11th month booking window so there's a chance your preferred room is already booked out. It's really hard to get BC rooms at the 7 month mark, especially for extended stays. We've tried a few times in August but haven't managed it. It's even harder at the moment because there are so many points unused after the pandemic still

Hopefully we can find an owner with points to rent, Hoping the new UK Disney offer will come out soon and give me an idea of how much I might save going down the DVC route.

If and when a new UK offer comes out, its likely to only be a room discount.
Keep an eye on the US offers as well though, as you could always use a US agent or a VPN to book directly with Disney if they have an offer that works for you. Keep in mind though that the US offers only offer 10 day tickets as a maximum usually.

If and when a new UK offer comes out, its likely to only be a room discount.
Keep an eye on the US offers as well though, as you could always use a US agent or a VPN to book directly with Disney if they have an offer that works for you. Keep in mind though that the US offers only offer 10 day tickets as a maximum usually.

If you book a US stay, I assume you could still pair it with a UK purchased ticket in Mydisney

Yes if you book room only, but there isn't much point in that unless the $ was really working in our favour! To book on any kind of offer such as free dining / dining credits or room discount, either with the US or UK you have to purchase tickets at the same time.

I disagree with some of the advice, I would look at cheapest dates for air travel and book that first. DVC pricing pretty static in comparison.

Hi All.

I am looking at trying to arrange a trip from the UK for Late August (partners a teacher boo)

We are hoping to rent points to do a 10 night stay at Beach club and then maybe 4 nights at the Polly.

Whats the best way to try and get a trip like this booked.

Book flights first (when a sale is on) and then rooms or room first and then flights ?

Would we have issue with the amount of nights in these resorts doing late august ?

I believe we will need around 172 points for Beach club and 63 for Polly are DVC points for these resorts more expense or is around $18 the going rate.

Thanks.

if you want to rent at two different places, i would go with one of the point broker companies so that they'll take care of both for you.
we had our flights booked first because we booked at exactly one year out with the airline we use.
if memory serves, that's what we always do

I do my researh on both at the same time and would push the button to buy both the same day. We are going July 2022 and already our flights are no longer for sale sold out.

Just to update this.

I booked flights with universal hotel a few weeks back. Then a very helpful member on here booked the DVC rooms for me on the 7th month Windows for the two resorts I wanted.

Defiantly best to get the flights done first as prices are all over the place.

I book both the same day accommodation first flights as soon as I have my room

especially renting as beach club at 7 months is almost impossible to get

I'm currently in a limbo state where we've booked our flights, and submitted our DVC rental preferences, but the well known agency don't have anyone selling the points we need right now. We've left ourselves on the waitlist to see if any come in, but are also considering if cancelling the flights (still in 7 day cool down period) and booking a package instead would be better value if we can't do DVC rental.

We haven't done DVC rental before so are choosing to do it through an agent to give us confidence in booking. But then there is also a good chance the resorts we want won't be available soon, it's all a bit stressful 😩

considering if cancelling the flights
Getting flights is nearly always possible, just that the route and price may not be ideal, and cancelling or changing flights is also a pain. Most resort bookings are easier & cheaper to change or cancel.
For any non-package I'd plan to book the resort first and then do flights to match.

So I'd recommend you cancel the flights while you can which gives you space to get the accommodation side sorted. If the latter fails then maybe fall back to a package.

I'm currently in a limbo state where we've booked our flights, and submitted our DVC rental preferences, but the well known agency don't have anyone selling the points we need right now. We've left ourselves on the waitlist to see if any come in, but are also considering if cancelling the flights (still in 7 day cool down period) and booking a package instead would be better value if we can't do DVC rental.

We haven't done DVC rental before so are choosing to do it through an agent to give us confidence in booking. But then there is also a good chance the resorts we want won't be available soon, it's all a bit stressful 😩

DVC has been very very difficult to get this year, with the amount of pent up demand. I don't know that i would bank on the waiting list coming through.

Getting flights is nearly always possible, just that the route and price may not be ideal, and cancelling or changing flights is also a pain. Most resort bookings are easier & cheaper to change or cancel.
For any non-package I'd plan to book the resort first and then do flights to match.

So I'd recommend you cancel the flights while you can which gives you space to get the accommodation side sorted. If the latter fails then maybe fall back to a package.
Thanks for the reply, I appreciate your advice, that does make sense and I would probably follow it were it not for the other constraint that we have to add on top of everything in my first post, is that we can't really be flexible with our dates because of when we are able to have my boyfriend's daughters, separated family problems! We've been tracking flights since they were released around October and what we've booked fits our itinerary well and is the lowest we've seen them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter