Umbrella rentals at Typhoon Lagoon

Can I request the area by the pool when I call to book one? I know a request is just that - a request - but it doesn’t hurt to ask.

Can I request the area by the pool when I call to book one? I know a request is just that - a request - but it doesn’t hurt to ask.

Yes, you can. YMMV on whether it helps though.

If super important to you, I’d also recommend arriving promptly that morning while there ‘may’ still be some flexibility to work the the CM on where you are assigned. YMMV on that too.

Good luck!

Can anyone tell me what the cancellation period for this is? We’re planning on going a Saturday mid December and I was wondering how late you could leave cancellations - thinking of the possibility of having booked on a day with less than ideal weather.

Do you think we would even need to book for December or is there likely to be lots of umbrellas/seats available.

Thanks

Can anyone tell me what the cancellation period for this is? We’re planning on going a Saturday mid December and I was wondering how late you could leave cancellations - thinking of the possibility of having booked on a day with less than ideal weather.

Call to confirm, but I believe it’s 24 hours notice.

There are still free umbrellas, right? Assuming you're able to snag one?

Absolutely. There are not many umbrellas per se but there are tons of large pavilions that fit about 15 chairs underneath it scattered all over the park that are completely free. Frankly, they give better shade than the umbrellas do anyway. In dozens of times going to TL we have NEVER had trouble getting one of these.

I believe so, but the vast majority of chairs do not have an umbrella.

Many chairs do not have an umbrella but the roofed pavilions are MUCH larger than the umbrellas and provide much more shade than the umbrellas do anyway.

We are a party of 6, will I be able to get 2 together?

Also,if we buy the refillable mugs, are they good at both water parks or do we have to rebuy?

I believe you can request to be near each other, but they can't guarantee it. I would say, if you have 6 people and can get it, do a cabana. It comes with the mugs, plus a bit more room and secure storage. My I got one for my wife and I and I would pay the price again for the convenience of them. You may have a difference experience but we loved it.

@GADisneyDad14 I’ve seen you post that map and another that has numbers on the umbrellas, but the resolution on here on the one with numbers wasn’t good enough to actually read the numbers lol. If I want to request one of the umbrellas in the cluster that is near the wave pool, the upper middle one in the photo you posted on this thread, how would you word it? Can you tell me the umbrella number span from that section- this map isn’t numbered but IIRC you have another that is.

I hope that was understandable, and sorry to hikack the thread! I posted a similar one a while ago, but didn’t feel like searching for not and resurrecting it when this reminded me :-)

:beach:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter