Unborrowing Exceptions

Years ago they would grant a one time exception I am not sure if they still do but maybe calling back and asking... But if they do make sure you use it wisely as it was in fact one time only. I have owned for 21 years and not had to use it but one year I did something I did not want to but I was mostly going twice a year at that time anyway so it was OK in the end.
I asked about it in chat yesterday and it was a no go. But that's fine, we were able to get a bucket list room this morning since we "had" to use the points. Bookending BLT Lake Studio with a 1 BR at VGF for 5 nights in the middle, so it worked out.

I asked about it in chat yesterday and it was a no go. But that's fine, we were able to get a bucket list room this morning since we "had" to use the points. Bookending BLT Lake Studio with a 1 BR at VGF for 5 nights in the middle, so it worked out.
I 💗 the VGF 1 br.s, but feel I must warn you that going from a studio to a 1 br. can lead to a very expensive disease called addonitis 😂.

I 💗 the VGF 1 br.s, but feel I must warn you that going from a studio to a 1 br. can lead to a very expensive disease called addonitis 😂.
Been there, done that. Added on right after we stayed in a 1 BR BWV at Christmas a couple of years ago. The goal is after this year to do studios for a couple of years so we can get our borrowing in check and then we will be able to do 1 BRs moving forward.

Very expensive addonitis. I got it after staying in a 1 bedroom in Sept/Oct 2021. I had real concerns about booking the 1 bedroom and this being a possibility, and yup - it happened. Bought more points Jan 2022 and stayed in 1 bedroom at Boardwalk last Sept. And staying in 1 bedroom at CCV this fall. Still shaking my head on the whole thing. When I go solo though, I can force myself into a Studio alone, but still miss the full kitchen and laundry I get with the 1 bedroom now.

Thought I'd post a wrap up on this. I got a little pixie dust yesterday and was able to unbank 9 points we banked last week because our plans for our summer trip had to change. We were no longer be able to arrive on our original check-in day and decided a split didn't make sense anymore because we'd be moving after 3 days (BLT Studio -> SSR 1 BR). Those 9 points allowed us to cancel the BLT and extend SSR by 3 nights for a total of 15.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter