Under cover car rentals

We had booked an Alamo rental through UT for a January trip. It was prepaid but refundable. Unfortunately, we had to cancel due to a Covid exposure. Called to cancel and received the refund back to my credit card within a couple of days. I was able to add the reservation to my Alamo Insider account, so I would have been able to skip the counter if we had actually taken the trip. I don’t think it would have been any different than the many Costco/Alamo rentals we have done. It was unusual to find the UT rate was lower than I was seeing with Costco.

I booked through UT for our January trip. We got a Budget car rental for substantially less than Costco. We had no problems picking up the rental.

We have used them for a couple rentals that aren’t in Florida also and had no problems. Once we had to cancel and got a fast refund. We are in Charleston this week and used them successfully here!

Has anyone used Budget with a flight that arrives at midnight? Any issue getting a car? Budget says they are open for 24 hours, but I'd hate to be stranded at midnight with kids.

I used the UCT deal for my February trip. Cheaper than anyone else, even Costco, and it worked out very well. Booked with Alamo and I was able to add it to my Alamo account. I'm not sure if it told me I could go straight to the car, but I chose to skip the rental counter anyway. An Alamo worker met me as I walked up, I showed her my reservation on my phone, and she told me what aisle to go to. Super-easy.

Has anyone used Budget with a flight that arrives at midnight? Any issue getting a car? Budget says they are open for 24 hours, but I'd hate to be stranded at midnight with kids.

I haven't, but assuming you're talking about the one at MCO, if they have a car is solely dependent on if the people slated to return their vehicles returned their vehicle. I don't think Budget is any better or worse than any other mainstream agency. If you can, add it to your Budget account (I think their program is called FastBreak?).

Arriving at midnight, honestly, I would (and did in February) just get a hotel room at or near the airport. I transferred Chase "ultimate rewards" points to Hyatt and booked a room there at the MCO Hyatt for the night. Was able to get to sleep much earlier than if I'd gotten my car and traveled somewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter