Undercover Minnie!!!

bearlyanne

DIS Veteran
Last May, I had some undercover magic happen with a cast member that still makes me well up in tears. It is really hard to describe how magical it was.

On our arrival night last year, we had an adr at chef mickey's. My dd is just in love with the characters and was dressed as Cinderella. She had an amazing evening and afterward we went shopping for a bit before we went out to the deck to watch the fireworks. It was crowded, so we walked up to the next floor to watch it it and there was another family there. A mom, a young woman and a teen boy. The younger woman took an immediate liking to my daughter and interacted with her through the entire fireworks. She earned her trust by kneeling beside her and talking with her and she even asked if she could lift my dd so she could see better. They danced to the music and wished upon a star or two/ My daughter was just in love, holding her hand and hugging her. They were instant BFFs.

I said something to the girl's mom about how wonderful her daughter was with kids and her reply with a twinkle in her eye was ,"well she should be. She works here".

That is when it became so evident who we were with. There was a very feminine flirty way about her. Her hand movements were so familiar.Even out of costume, the magic was still there. Before I could say anything, the fireworks ended and she grabbed my dd's hand and said,"C'mon I have another surprise for you" and started to lead her to the another viewing spot to watch the Water Parade.

As we walked over to the our new spot, I whispered to her, "Thank you Minnie!' and her eyes grew big and she just nodded.

This offduty cast member spent about 40 minutes with us that evening. She shared her time and her family with us. She made my daughter feel like a princess. What a wonderful way to start our vacation.

So if you happen to remember dancing with a young Cinderella one evening, I can not thank you enough. It will always be one of my most treasured moments at Disney.

I hope you dont mind, but I printed and shared your story (with a few edits for non-DISers) with some of our mice-friends as well as some of the managerment team on Mainstreet and they all loved it just as much as I did. It spent a few days hung on the wall in our break room too. It's nice to hear back from the guests. Thank you again.

I am thrilled!!! I always felt bad that I didn't get her name because I would have loved to praise her to anyone and everyone who would listen!

check your pm :)

Tears welling up just reading.... Some people just have that magic oozing out of them, and lucky for us Disney finds them for us!

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us. :goodvibes Hoping Minnie gets to know what a magical moment she shared with your family.:cutie:

Undercover Magic is the best. It's always nice to know that the magic cast members make is truly genuine.

This is such a wonderful story. Im hopeful when i have a little cinderella i get to share those kind of moments with her! ;)

That has got to be one of the most amazing stories I have ever heard!! :lovestruc
Your DD will always remember that magical moment. This is just wonderful! :wizard:

What an awesome story, and what an amazing example of Cast Members that really believe in what they do, the Disney Magic just oozes out of them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter