• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Uniden 2-way radio...good price at Walmart

RhondaS

DIS Veteran
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/prod...272535&type=1&path=0:3944:3973:4511&dept=3944

Uniden FRS420 2-way radio's have been "rolled back" at Walmart from $29.97 to only $19.93 each!

These have those all important 38 subcodes. :D

They can be ordered online or bought at the stores themselves. WooHoo!

Listed features:
Carabiner style belt clip
14 channels
38 privacy codes
Choice of 5 call ringers
Headset/microphone jack
Backlit LCD panel
Channel scan
Vibrate alert
Automatic battery-saving mode
Operates on 3 AA batteries (not included)

I think I'll go pick us up a couple radios.

They also have the GE models for $25, this is marked way down from their original price. We used them at Disney and they worked great. They have a thermostat on them. They also have a "lock" so the channel doesn't change easily, good to have with kids or if you move it around a lot.

Walmart is great!

Katherine

Has anyone used this model of Uniden radios? Are they really good? I've been looking at the Motorolas but they are a lot more expensive.

Thanks!

I bought and returned 2 sets of those. The first set had only one radio which worked. The second set had worked but had very poor reception at distances of a few hundred yards. Not nearly as good as my motorolas.

We bought a pair of these and used them last week at WDW. They worked great in all the parks except the first day in MK. I don't know if it was because alot of people were using them or our inexperinece with them but we had trouble getting ahold of each other with them that day. I really like the vibrate feature-it was so annoying too hear other's going off during shows.
Good luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter