Unique Souvenir

We do magnets for the refrigerator. Always one with a year on it. Used to have a whole fridge covered with them from Disney but the ex wife took them with her. So, I've started over since then.

I always like to get the Disney Wonderland Tea. In particular the Mad Hatter blend. Last time I also got the tea press with Alice. I love it!

My favorite Disney souvenir is my red rubber Mickey Face Rice Krispy Treat mold. It's SOOOOO easy to churn out a dozen or so of those huge Mickey treats for gifts when you want to give a little something but you don't want to break the bank. And people love them! You can sprinkle them with different colored sugars if you want for an added kick. My kids always clamored for those in the park when we visited but not now that we can make them at home.

I also have a Mickey Face cookie cutter that I love.

I usually get a Christmas ornament for the year I go.

But currently they are selling the customizable sidewalk tiles which would be a very unique souvenir

Oh gosh, we love park souvenirs...it doesn’t matter if they’re Disney themed or not.

We did the framed silhouettes of our (now adult) children when they were young. They used to collect pins, but stopped several years ago. We have a few themed games; collect mugs (almost all the Starbucks Here), ornaments (mostly speciality events/closures and German pavilion), and LE magicbands.

In the WS, you can get perfume bottles engraved with names, events/dates, and etc. The France pavilion has handcarved kitchen spoons that are very inexpensive. Italy has beautiful silk scarves. England has tea, which, speaking of tea, DS used to have a wonderful spice and tea shop.

Last month we purchased the 8” brick paver and a flannel throw (see below), which I assume was just seasonal for winter parades/fireworks. I tried to find them online, but couldn’t, so purchased it. We also have a few of the Disney themed fleece blankets, which we enjoy taking to the movies inside our Disney totes :)

147D79C3-2618-4494-9F3F-EECE732F87A5.jpeg

We also have this cutting board for AK 20th (pic courtesy of chip & co)

2F9D3925-4EFF-4D72-83BE-9F10F36293D7.png

I try and focus on souvenirs that will be used fter the trip. Almost always a coffee mug, sometimes a wine glass, tervis tumbler or beer mug depending on the trip. My kids love puzzles and board games so that's often something we bring back, either jigsaw or 3d puzzles or Disney theme board games.

Can you purchase the Starbucks mugs in the park?

You can purchase many of the 2nd editions on the shop Disney website. They are also on sale.

https://www.shopdisney.com/brands/starbucks?cmp=SYN-SDPtoSD-SearchTakeover-Starbucks

I would really like to get the Dooney and Bourke Dumbo magic band that came out today but it's $58 and I have one coming with our vacation package for this coming trip.

Ah, I like this design better than the LE one!

We bought this at Animal Kingdom last trip. Also got the giraffe version. I think they are meant to be ornaments, but we keep them out all year long. The head bobbles!

Resized_20190504_190500.jpeg

A couple more...

We got this print (framed at home) during one of our trips

Resized_20190504_190928.jpeg

But oddly enough my absolute favorite is this jacket! It was super cold our last trip and we were at AK and they had this jacket, so I bought it! It's waist length and fitted, but if you look close the quilting is made up of Mickey heads! :)

Resized_20190504_191004.jpeg

I always get a coffee mug and a kitchen apron. Although the aprons are getting hard to come by. We also collect Disney pins. We have a lot of fun with the pin trading and have met a lot of cast members at the parks, resorts and Disney Springs.

My favorite souvenir is our magic moments certificate...maybe that is more of a memento, since it can not be bought.

Every time we go we get a small Minnie and Mickey in a new costume. We only go every few years, though.

My hubby got me a glass slipper for our 5th anniversary. When we went to DL for their 60th anniversary, I got a bunch of stuff, including a knit Mickey Mouse which is really sweet. I try to get a souvenir that matches the trip...bride and groom Mickey and Minnie ears, for our honeymoon, Halloween Minnie and Mickey, ornaments for a Xmas Trip, etc.

Every time I go to WDW I buy one of the little lucky cat figures from the Japan pavilion--the thimble-sized ones they have in little bins. I always take my time re-reading the list of what the different colors mean and thinking about what kind of luck I want for the coming year when I pick it out. I started doing it when I first went as a teenager just because I found them interesting; now I make a point of it because it represents a kind of continuity.

The other thing I seem to buy every time is a stuffed animal. I never set out to do that deliberately, and since I realized a couple years ago that I'd bought one on every trip I started giving myself explicit permission not to buy one just for the sake of buying it...but then I always find one I want. In 2018 I was only in WDW for one day and had zero intention of buying anything like that, but then they had a plush of Hector from Coco and I had to have him. In Disneyland Paris last fall I decided to be very picky and was congratulating myself on not finding something to buy until I came across a Tsum Tsum of Remy from Ratatouille on my second to last day and fell in love (I don't even normally like Tsum Tsums but he's so stinking cute!). I may break that accidental tradition at some point in the future, but so far it just keeps happening.

I like to buy things I will use at home or display at home. I've gotten coffee mugs, ornaments, a silhouette of my dd, sweatshirts, etc. On our trip this week, I bought a set of Mickey and Minnie wine stoppers. They are super cute and useful!

We collect shot glasses and have been known to use them on occasion. My favorite WDW souvenir is my 2 packs of matches from the Atlantis Bar & Grill. If you have to ask, you'll never 'get it'.

Bill From PA

I always like to get the Disney Wonderland Tea. In particular the Mad Hatter blend. Last time I also got the tea press with Alice. I love it!

I'm annoyed that they stopped selling the big tins of the loose leaf tea. I used to get one every time.

I'm annoyed that they stopped selling the big tins of the loose leaf tea. I used to get one every time.

I have one cup of loose tea left :scared: and I used my last tea bag yesterday. Guess I gotta plan a trip :smooth: . Well, really I should just go online and find some more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter