Universal app- new look and functions

Skywalker3

DIS Veteran
Was just casually checking wait times for Universal, because that's what I do on Friday nights at home....and saw that the app has a new look and some new functions. We are going in a few weeks, and I need to get familiar with all of this,
Ride wait times are displayed differently. Trying to figure out mobile ordering, and there's a Universal Pay option???
Glad to see a list of the Mardi Gras food booths, and locations on the map, although you have to click each one, but this is more informative than previous years. (I know they're getting rid of paper, but I wish they'd do a little book, like the Epcot festivals.)
Anyway, some changes there. Hopefully it all functions well, and is easy to use!

Speaking of the abandonment of paper maps, I hope the app equivalent is reasonably useful. I am worried that staring at a map on a tiny screen isn't going to measure up to unfolding a map. But, I will find out pretty soon....

did they remove mobile ordering from app??

I can’t seem to find it anymore.

Last edited:
did they remove mobile ordering from app??

I can’t seem to find it anymore.
I noticed that too - I usually mobile order at Volcano Bay and Breadbox and don't see the option to.

I do see on the main page that there's an option called 'Mobile Food & Drink Ordering' but it won't let me place an order. I'll be at Universal on friday so I can try to do a mobile order. I wonder if it won't let you unless it knows you're on property using your phone's location.

I noticed that too - I usually mobile order at Volcano Bay and Breadbox and don't see the option to.

I do see on the main page that there's an option called 'Mobile Food & Drink Ordering' but it won't let me place an order. I'll be at Universal on friday so I can try to do a mobile order. I wonder if it won't let you unless it knows you're on property using your phone's location.
That's what I was trying to figure out too. Please let us know how it works when you go! Thanks!

If you Google "Universal Orlando Mobile Ordering" on your phone the first link will take you to mobile ordering on the app and you can place an order that way. I have not been able to find another way to do it?

Just made it to Universal property and can confirm that the app won't let you mobile order unless it knows you're physically at Universal. Now on the main page it has an option called "Order Food & Drinks".

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240223_152333.jpg
    Screenshot_20240223_152333.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20240223_152339.jpg
    Screenshot_20240223_152339.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 6

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter