Universal FAQ's

I wonder if anyone can point me to a place where I can find out what shops will give me the 10% discount on merchandise with an annual pass?

My #1 question is if I will be able to get a discount on a wand. But I also have other things to pick up too - I'm leaving my kids home so I will be in big trouble if they don't get something :rotfl:

I'm a newbie, so please be elaborate in descriptions LOL!

I have a couple of AP questions for the experts--you know who you are! ;)

Here are my particulars:

* Purchased 1 Preferred AP and 2 FL Power APs using FlexPay on 9/3/2010
* Last scheduled and intended monthly payment for all 3 APs is 8/3/2011
* Activated at first use all 3 APs on 10/29/2010

Q1. If I am only interested in the initial 12-month payment and use of my APs, when should I contact Universal to cancel? By reading the terms, my assumption is 8/4/2011--is this correct? The terms also say 'in writing'--really? They're not talking about snail-mail, are they?

Q2. Am I also correct to assume that my APs are still valid until 10/29/2011, even though I cancel any renewal payments on them on 8/4/2011?

Q3. Also assuming my APs are valid until 10/29, I am still eligible for AP discounts for a potential trip in September 2011, yes?

I am a Universal convert, but I got AP vouchers this past Christmas to that other place and can't bring myself to justify financially having APs to both simultaneously. I promise I'll be back!

Thanks in advance for your help....

I have a couple of AP questions for the experts--you know who you are! ;)

Here are my particulars:

* Purchased 1 Preferred AP and 2 FL Power APs using FlexPay on 9/3/2010
* Last scheduled and intended monthly payment for all 3 APs is 8/3/2011
* Activated at first use all 3 APs on 10/29/2010

Q1. If I am only interested in the initial 12-month payment and use of my APs, when should I contact Universal to cancel? By reading the terms, my assumption is 8/4/2011--is this correct? The terms also say 'in writing'--really? They're not talking about snail-mail, are they?

No there is a form you can fill out at Guest Services to cancel the Flex-Pay. You need to do it 30 days before your contract ends.

Q2. Am I also correct to assume that my APs are still valid until 10/29/2011, even though I cancel any renewal payments on them on 8/4/2011?

Yes. you are correct

Q3. Also assuming my APs are valid until 10/29, I am still eligible for AP discounts for a potential trip in September 2011, yes?

Yes

I am a Universal convert, but I got AP vouchers this past Christmas to that other place and can't bring myself to justify financially having APs to both simultaneously. I promise I'll be back!

You better...we know where you live
;)

Hi- have a few questions- thanks for any help you can give me! Know there's a lot of WDW background info here, but doing both this trip. And leaving in a week, so kind of panicking and thought I'd just post my questions.....

1 day or 2 at US? What are the best days- W-Sat? I'm thinking W, Th?

Where is the best place to get tickets if we are planning on doing WDW and US? I was going to go to AAA, that's where we've always gone, but saw someone mention Costco on here, and we are members.

Some background:

We are going Spring Break week so crowded.
Staying off site pool home.
Kids are 15,14,12,9.
Trip is a surprise, so can't discuss options with kids.

I'm arriving 6pm Sunday w/kids, DH pm Monday.

We have been to WDW twice, and there is a lot we feel we could skip this time-Sit down meals (cause of pool house), shows, we are pretty much into the big thrill rides, and fireworks, and anything else would be fine, but not necesarry, except my ADR bkfst at 1900 PF. So Monday, Tuesday out for US.

We would like some downtime, but we are the kind of people that are like let's go go go and get it all done. We are here, we can rest at home, who knows when we'll be back? We go to the beach every July with extended family, and all we do is veg on the beach every day. We are very boring beach people, we do nothing else, no going out to dinner, no watersports, just the beach. We are like Manic Depressive vacationers- between our go go go at WDW and our vegging on the beach!

So knowing that- we are thinking early 2 days at US, and then down time or doing something in the evening off site of both parks

OR- 1 day at US cram it all in, and then the rest of the time some kind of park hopper pass that we can do WDW early and late the rest of the days and spread it out. We would like to do one of the water parks because we've never done one.

Any suggestions about what tickets to get? 5 day park hopper for WDW? And 2 day for US?

I hope I'm making some sense.....Thank you!

During Spring Break it will be nearly impossible to do everything in both parks in a single day so you should plan on two full days. Try to stay away from weekends if possible...although most days will be very busy. Get there early and do as much as you can before the bulk of the crowds arrive.

I would recommend purchasing your tickets on the Universal website and either choosing print at home or electronic pickup. This will save time by not having to wait in the long ticket lines. Print at home tickets will be the sheets of paper and those WILL be your park tickets. If you don't want to carry around the paper, you can opt for the electronic pickup option. You will pick up your tickets at the ticket kiosks in front of either park. You will need your confirmation number and the credit card used. The "regular" sized tickets will print out and you can go directly to the gate. There is rarely a line and it's very easy to do.

ok thank you- just the advice I needed...so 2 days it will be. So there is no discount/advantage to getting them somewhere else right?

ok thank you- just the advice I needed...so 2 days it will be. So there is no discount/advantage to getting them somewhere else right?
You can purchase discounted tickets at several places (UndercoverTourist.com and Costco have discounted tickets). I don't know what the discounts are so I can't tell you how much you'd save by going that route.

Hello again-another ? We are seriously pondering doing Universal in a one day-do it or die- day, adding their express option if we need to. Can you use the express option at all the qualifying rides? Or only a certain amount?

If we decide to do this and fail, we can add on to our ticket like at disney right? Is there a big charge for this, or is it the same as doing the 2 day?

Don't want to start a new thread in case I alarm people, but I was wondering about the possibility of alligators in the waterways? Is there storm drains exiting into the waterways?

I've never seen an alligator in the waterways and never heard of any at either Universal or Islands of Adventure. There was a black bear once at one of the onsite hotels swimming pools though.

I've never seen an alligator in the waterways and never heard of any at either Universal or Islands of Adventure. There was a black bear once at one of the onsite hotels swimming pools though.

:scared1:

Are you pulling my leg? Black bears do not live in the tropics, surely? I thought bears in the US were more northern such as Washington, Montana, North Dakota, and the other border states. Maybe it was a captive from a nearby zoo and escaped? :confused3

Are you pulling my leg? Black bears do not live in the tropics, surely? I thought bears in the US were more northern such as Washington, Montana, North Dakota, and the other border states. Maybe it was a captive from a nearby zoo and escaped? :confused3
We have all kinds of animals living in FL...some good and some bad. Bears are everywhere.

But that brings me to my next question. Orlando was recently named as the most dangerous city in the United States in terms of street crime and serious gang violence. How bad would you say it really is from a resident's point of view, and are these so-called gangs a big threat to tourists?
I don't go along with that distinction of Orlando being the most dangerous city. Most of the crimes in the rougher parts of town are drug related and a good many of them are personal crimes. Tourists are at risk because it's just the nature of being in a strange place and not knowing what to do or not to do. If you use your common sense and don't flash large amounts of cash or property you should be fine. Staying on I-Drive isn't dangerous...I did it many times as a tourist before moving here. I drive through the Parramore area of the city going to and from work and I have no fears of anything happening. Remember...most crimes happen in the wee hours of the morning. If you don't put yourself in a dangerous position, you won't have any problems.

That's my opinion.

There are several articles about the bear spotted swimming at the Hard Rock hotel pool but this one gave a little more info on native bears in the Orlando area: http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/may/28/281455/bear-spotted-hard-rock-pool-orlando/

There are several articles about the bear spotted swimming at the Hard Rock hotel pool but this one gave a little more info on native bears in the Orlando area: http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/may/28/281455/bear-spotted-hard-rock-pool-orlando/

i was going to post earlier but got stuck on the tv show, Dr G, medical examiner, autopsy.

don't laugh.
the show is kewl.

yea, i heard about the bear in the hrh pool sometime back.
everyone was yaking about it when it happened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter