Universal mobile order

Can I still just order without mobile ordering? We were there in October and didn’t mobile order. I know the parks are busy.

Can I still just order without mobile ordering? We were there in October and didn’t mobile order. I know the parks are busy.
Yes I feel like a lot more people order at register than mobile order at UO. Mobile order is not required at UO like Disney… or at least how Disney used to be. With that being said, we do mobile order now and then and rarely have issues. The only issue we had was once when mobile ordering Voodoo doughnuts near park close it took forever. Since then, we order the doughnuts and click Prepare My Order an hour before I know we’ll pick them up and haven’t had any more issues with that.

Only time we used mobile order was when the donut place had a huge, long line. We got our donuts at the pick up spot across from the donut store in a few minutes. Otherwise, never used anywhere else, as was with someone who did mobile order and waited was too long for food. I will say, was happy to see could apply my pass discount when I did use my mobile order. I generally prefer to use cash or gift card or even my credit card and order at counter.

Does seem to be mixed reviews on mobile ordering.

Shame really because it's a great way for a party to order without everyone hoarding around menu at counter and a great way to avoid crowds in queues

Used is several times last summer and fall. It was a pain every time. One, there are pockets of no cell service inside lines so it was hard to even place the order. Then once order place and arrived, it took no shorter than 30 minutes for our food every time.

While I think quick service food at Universal is better than Disney's overall, it takes FOREVER in every food or snack line. And it wasn't a one day experience, it is ongoing.

Universals Mobile ordering is a hot mess. It causes chaos. I’m so happy I didn’t use mobile order when I was down there, saw a lot of people getting angry (also if people could stop taking out frustrations on TMs and CMs doing their jobs. Like it’s not their fault the mobile ordering isn’t working)

I really disliked Universal's mobile order system completely. Tried to use it where available and ran into the following issues each time:
At the Today Show Cafe - 2 different times- 1st time ordered lox & bagel with hot latte with vanilla added. Clicked that I arrived and about 8 minutes later the screen changed to "order ready". Went inside to the far right as directed to find another line - some with the unsanitary beepers (who ordered inside) and others with mobile phone in hand. Was told that orders are fulfilled in order of the time rec'd... and had to wait another 15 minutes. When it came I only got my bagel w/lox. A bunch of reprinting happened before I was given my latte - but they didn't add the vanilla... and again I waited. next time I ordered just the latte and again my ticket was lined up in time order on the counter - again got the it's ready notification and it wasn't.
At the BULLPEN hot dog place in Citiwalk - I ordered my food in advance, clicked I'm here and waited. Never got the it's ready notification but I waited as other guests walked up, placed orders and were called before I was. (1 hot dog was my order!)
Worst of all was the DinoDen (not sure of the name) where I got the it's ready notification only to find out I had to check in with someone in addition to saying I was there so it really wasn't ready yet.. once I checked in they radioed that a mobile order was there and I got it fairly quickly AFTER waiting.

Really. I've never had an issue with it. I like the fact that all I have to do is scan my AP and it gives my discount. Watch it next time, Next time I uses it it will be a royal pain in the tush. My sister had issues with it.

I wonder as they now have experienced high crowds lately and now this back to "normal" they will increase staff numbers overall and thus have more dedicated tms for mobile ordering.

It worked well for VooDoo donuts at park close but that was really the only place we used it. We had a bad experience with it pre-pandemic and weren’t super eager to try again.

It worked well for VooDoo donuts at park close but that was really the only place we used it. We had a bad experience with it pre-pandemic and weren’t super eager to try again.
Ya I think our plan is still to go with mobile for voodoo but just do normal ordering for other quick service etc ..unless we hear things have drastically improved

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter