universal off-site hotels???help

lijory

Earning My Ears
i am looking for a nice CLEAN hotel near universal, any recommendations???? something that is on the newer side either 2 bed suite or 2 seperate rooms. thank you

amerisuites orlando convention center
8741 International dr.
orlando fl 32819
407-370-4721

I got ressies for 53.00 a night (entertainment rate)weekday
I got second ressie for 59.00 a night- weekend WE needed a place to stay before and after the royal pacific

these are mini suites with fridge, micro, coffe pot, living area and seperate sleeping area.

this is near the mercado. Just 2 miles from universal. This is south of sandlake rd.

I personally didn't like the AmeriSuites...but that's just my mom's and my opinion.

Cons: Don't expect to use the pool. It's surrounded by the parking lot, and...you just don't want to swim in it.

The beds were uncomfortable...at least to us. We couldn't stay asleep past 7:00...and we're ones who sleep past noon usually.

Bathroom viewable from the beds...very little privacy in that regard.

Pros: The kitchen area is nice to have. Mini fridge, microwave, counters, even dishes in the room we were in!

However, my parents and I like Fairfield in. It doesn't have the mini fridge and all...because we stay in a standard room, not a suite. But it's clean, and nice.

We also enjoyed Sleep Inn. Beds were more comfortable than AmeriSuites (which were too hard) and Fairfield Inn's (which were too soft). It's very new.

We're going to try Howard Johnson Universal. A little bit farther away (though still only a mile from Universal)....but the rooms look fantastic!! I'll post a review of the place after I stay there...but won't be until March 27-29.

I think my daughter Flyfly did not realize you were talking about a different AmeriSuites from the one we stayed at. We stayed at the one on Kirkman Road, not International Drive, so the one you mentioned may be fine. We were not pleased with the one on Kirkman. Since, when we go to Orlando, we only go to Universal, we like to stay on Kirkman because the hotels are all right across from Universal. There are many hotels in that area, along with restaurants, stores, etc. Can't beat the convenience.

Holiday Inn at the entrance to Universal.
$50 a night by booking online and they upgraded us to a suite for free when we arrived.

Walked to Universal, but is about a 15 min walk from the hotel to the park gates.

:cool:

I just booked the Comfort Inn & Suites on Major Blvd. The first rate she gave me was $84.00. I told her I would find something a little less elsewhere and she "found" a promotional rate of $55.00 per night. I also have a quote for Best Western Movie land for $62.10 ent. rate. Both have a shuttle to the parks. Comfort Inn has a free breakfast and queen size beds, also a sofa bed. ot Best Western does not have breakfast..
Then after two nights we move to HRH!! Can"t wait!!!

I second the Holiday Inn across the street. The suites are great and they have a Kids Eat Free program at the TGIF on the first floor. I got a good deal on www.hotelkingdom.com.

We stayed at Homewood Suites - Hospitality Way last year for one night before going to RPR. Hotel is new and rooms were very nice and clean. There is a full kitchen, living area, bedroom and bath. I would recommend it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter