Universal Studios Hollywood Food Prices

longtimedisneylurker

DIS Veteran
How much per person (adults) should I budget for food at Universal Studios for the following?

One hot dog at Pink's. Is it really that good?
Snack or dessert.
Dinner inside the park.
No drinks. We can drink water.

Do I just figure on Disneyland prices or higher even?

Yep. Figure Disneyland prices or higher. All the theme parks in the So Cal area know where to get you. Even though the Universal prices are slightly lower then Disney, they get you will everything else to make up for their slightly lower ticket prices.

Universal prices are on par with Disneyland prices. In a lot of areas Universal price matches Disneyland, particularly the food carts.

My visit Saturday:

1 El Macho Nacho's

1 Grus Grilled chicken.

2 Standard sized soft drinks

$46.00 before my Annual Pass discount.

I worked at Universal a few years back. I'd say the average people spend on dinner is $15-$20 for the entree, $5 for a drink, and $5-$10 for dessert. No table service, just good old fashioned cafeteria style dining. I recommend eating down by Jurassic Park. You get a pretty decent meal there. Pinks isn't really that great in my opinion. It's a hot dog. A good hot dog and an icon of L.A. life, but ultimately, a hot dog. The milkshakes are pretty awesome there though.

Of course, eating in Citywalk is much better. It's still going to cost you a pretty penny (can be more than in the park if you go somewhere like the Hard Rock Cafe), but there are more choices, better food, and an awesome ambiance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter