Universal with back issues...

staceyj2

DIS Veteran
I have lived with a herniated disc in my back for years. At Disney, I haven ridden ever ride and found I can manage everything but avoid Dinosaur and Space Mountain (mainly because it is in the dark and I can't brace myself for upcoming quick shifts in direction). This will be my families first trip to Universal. I know Universal has more thrill rides and I would love to ride them but know I should probably avoid some. Which ones should I avoid? I know ride signs are ALL going to say avoid these rides if you have back problems but I can easily do most rides at Disney so I am just looking for some advice from those who have ridden and can tell me which ones are the worst. Thanks!

Might be fine with Transformers, Spider-Man, Kong, Fast and Furious, Hogwarts Express, water rides, and maybe Gringotts. Simulators should be fine if you’ve done them at Disney. Simpsons is a bit rougher though than most. Avoid Forbidden Journey because it whips you around unexpectedly and you can’t brace yourself.

I had surgery for a herniated disc 5 years ago. Most rides are ok for me as long as I keep my core tight and brace myself against the seat. I try to sit in the end seat on most rides to offer more support. I stay away from Mummy because, as stated, it’s dark and that make it hard to anticipate what is happening next. Rip Ride Rocket and Hulk are just to scary for me to try anyway. Simpsons does not work for me, it’s too rough. Watch some POV videos on YouTube of the rides you are interested in and enjoy yourself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter