Unlikely, but would they be able to do this room assignment?

Herding_Cats

DIS Veteran
We are traveling for marathon weekend and doing a sort-of split stay as BIL/SIL will be joining us partway through the trip.

DH and I would stay in a studio for the first few nights, then switch to a 2br lock-off, and then possibly back to the studio for the last 2 nights. Any chance they would be able to keep us in that studio? It would save the whole "being room-less" for the day (twice), and not have to pack up our luggage and store it in a rental car. I feel like it's a "no" but has anyone done something like this on either end of a stay?

No one knows because someone could be in the 1 bedroom portion of the 2 bedroom lockoff for longer than you have your reservation for.

It would save the whole "being room-less" for the day (twice), and not have to pack up our luggage and store it in a rental car.
You would still have to pack it up of course but bell services will hold your luggage for you, no need to store in a car. If you are doing a split stay they will even arrange to transport it from one resort to another.

We are traveling for marathon weekend and doing a sort-of split stay as BIL/SIL will be joining us partway through the trip.

DH and I would stay in a studio for the first few nights, then switch to a 2br lock-off, and then possibly back to the studio for the last 2 nights. Any chance they would be able to keep us in that studio? It would save the whole "being room-less" for the day (twice), and not have to pack up our luggage and store it in a rental car. I feel like it's a "no" but has anyone done something like this on either end of a stay?
I'm in the same situation but have the one bedroom and adding a studio. When I spoke to the CM she said it will be noted as a request, but said the room assigners can't do too much. She said my best chance would be to go to the front desk on check in and see what they can do. I guess they can manipulate the rooms better.
Good luck. My fingers are crossed.

Should definitely ask. Hopefully they can accommodate at least one of the two days.

In all the zillion trips to the resorts, I've asked so many times if we could please 'stay put'. I've offered over and over to lose the points of the 'larger or better' room, and they said no. All the time. Even answered no the times we wanted to just stay in the BWV Standard room and lose the points for the Garden/Pool room OR one bedroom. Nope.
I gave them the 'truthful' sob story that Housekeeping didn't have to clean another room etc. Nope.
"All rooms are reserved".

Good luck to you. Always worth asking I guess, though.

I have requested this for one change up at BWV. Those room assigners are pretty clever. We started out in a studio and we added the 1 BR on later on in our stay. They always say--no guarantees, but sometimes you do get lucky. I would certainly ask.

If you don't ask you are much less likely for it to happen.

If you ask there is no guarantee but what is the harm?

I would ask while making it very clear I understand the difficulty and low likelihood of request being met.

They’ll try but it’s complicated. Last minute adjustments to room allocations happen all the time and can have a domino effect. DVC is usually fully booked. Less flexibility in that system. Likely why they wouldn’t fully commit to us.

Last month we had 3 nights in the same exact room category, split in 2 reservations. Ultimately they kept us in the same room but would not confirm to us until early that 3rd morning. I think they’re very careful not to give the impression it’s reliable. Don’t want people approaching with any expectation it will/should happen.

Strategy for the best shot would be check-in at front desk asap Day 1 and let them know your highest priority is the possibility of not moving studio when 2BR booking starts (if it is highest priority).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter