(Upd 8/3) I Don't Think We Are in Kansas Anymore: Disney Fantasy 5/31/14

Those mixology classes are so fun! I always make sure I get some pizza or another carb in my stomach before I go, though. :rotfl2: :cool1:

Looks like a fun group!

That pretty blue relaxing sea..................
so beautiful.

I actually like powdered eggs (shh, don't tell anyone) but some days they were just TOO runny at Cabana's. And I would have to give the hash brown award to Mickey D's. I should have gotten more omelets- but never did. My mom did full service breakfast a few times and said it was very good. I just don't like to take the time to wait it out.. I'd rather be reading a book by the pool.

Seriously, that mixology was THE BEST ever. Love, love, loved it!!!

We seem to be moving at about the same pace here on our trip reports as we are at the same timeframe. :)

Those mixology classes are so fun! I always make sure I get some pizza or another carb in my stomach before I go, though. :rotfl2: :cool1:

Looks like a fun group!

Definitely a fun group! I really should have eaten something before I went. Rookie mistake!

Thanks for sharing, mixology just added to my list to do list.

Good to hear!

That pretty blue relaxing sea..................
so beautiful.

I actually like powdered eggs (shh, don't tell anyone) but some days they were just TOO runny at Cabana's. And I would have to give the hash brown award to Mickey D's. I should have gotten more omelets- but never did. My mom did full service breakfast a few times and said it was very good. I just don't like to take the time to wait it out.. I'd rather be reading a book by the pool.

Seriously, that mixology was THE BEST ever. Love, love, loved it!!!

We seem to be moving at about the same pace here on our trip reports as we are at the same timeframe. :)

I think we are moving at the same pace! I am getting ready to update. Now that my exam is over, I hope to be a little more regular!

Day 3: Dinner & Ladies' Night

My last post ended as I weaved my way to Royal Court for dinner. We really had just enough time to change and head that way following Mixology. Tyler took two of those lime drinks no one liked... There were so many left that he probably could have taken more!

This was our first night in Royal Court, and I loved it! Such an awesome dining room. We sat in a room separate from the main area of Royal Court. I really felt like our big group had our own, private dining room. It was really nice.

My favorites:

Another Royal Court picture:

Tonight was the French menu. I chose the brie as an appetizer. I liked it. The sauce was good.

This was Tyler's... No clue what it is! Haha. I never heard many reviews from Tyler regarding his food unless it was something he really liked. I never heard anything about this one so it must have just been okay.

My dad selected the Escargots Gratines. I had to try a bite as it was another item I had never tasted. I actually kind of liked it! Dad ended up eating all of it (except for the one I tried) so I am thinking he liked it too.

My salad. Something with a pear on top? I did not actually eat the pear. The dressing was pretty good.

My mom and brother:

I will note she ordered the French onion soup. She was not impressed. I believe her complaint was that it lacked flavor.

At our server's suggestion, I ordered the Oven-Baked Salmon Royal for dinner. It was an excellent choice! It was served with cauliflower puree, and I loved it. I am really going to have to try to make it at home sometime.

So obviously all those Mixology drinks were kicking in right about now because I have no picture of Tyler's meal... So I failed that task.

Tyler's dessert:

Based on the trip reports I read, I went with the Grand Marnier Souffle. It was just as good as everyone said. Very light with a hint of orange. I probably could have stuffed another one in there somewhere.

As I mentioned in a post so long ago... Today was June 2, and Tyler and I were celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary. The serving team really made it special! They sang to us and brought ANOTHER dessert. We also both received pins which we happily wore for the remainder of the evening!

My youngest brother is a MAJOR chocoholic. He was seriously eyeing that special anniversary dessert and had all but asked to have it. (The only reason he didn't outright ask was because it was Tyler and I's anniversary cake!) Because I was so stuffed, we gave him the chocolate cake. He loved it.

However, as you can kind of see at the edge of the above picture, this was not okay per our serving team. So they brought another one. I went ahead and ate it. Wouldn't want to waste a perfectly good chocolate cake!

Bottom line, we really enjoyed celebrating our anniversary on the Disney Fantasy. If we are on a Disney cruise for another anniversary, we will likely book an adult restaurant to commemorate it, but we didn't want to miss any meals in the dining rotation on our first cruise.

After dinner, we made our way back to our room. I delivered more FE gifts. For all the kids, I made pirate night kits. These had blow-up swords, tattoos, and skull rings. The next day was Tuesday--day of the pirate--so I thought it would be good to distribute early!

That night, we had a nice anniversary towel arrangement from Leon. I told him earlier that day it was our anniversary, and he remembered!

The night was not over just yet. In the months preceding the cruise, I "met" a group of great women on an offshoot of our Facebook cruise page. The page started as weight loss motivation and really turned out to be more of a sarcastic trip preparation page. (Post-cruise it is leaning more toward weight loss!) It was really amazing how these 25-30 women all ended up in the same place. We have similar personalities and senses of humor. This third sea day was the night we planned for our "Ladies' Night Out."

One of our members was staying in the Roy O. Disney Suite and graciously hosted. We had some snacks and drinks and just really enjoyed meeting each other. Your "ticket" to get in was wearing something with an anchor on it. I found a tank top from Old Navy... As had three of the other ladies! We decided it was the unofficial uniform.

The group:

I am sitting on the floor, smack dab in the middle.

I did not take any pictures of the suite. It was very nice! The bathroom was quite spacious; one lady could lay almost flat in the bath tub! I think the coolest benefit of the suite was the verandah.

The party broke up around midnight (I think). I headed back to the room. Tyler was already asleep after a busy second sea day!

Coming up: Day 4: St. Maarten & Bernard's Tour

Oh, there we are again!!! Anchor shirt and all!

I liked that room you were in for Royal Court with those pictures. I didn't see those!

We had a pretty decent table in Royal Court too looking out at the main hallway between Royal Court and Animator's Palette. I liked it because I like to people watch...........

Laura were you honestly able to keep a straight face as you called me gracious???? We so need a reunion cruise!!!!! That was honestly one of the best nights on a cruise ever, and sadly I just can't get myself too excited yet for my next cruise since none of our epic group will be there!

Great Report so far, really enjoying it. Counting down the days till we cruise on December 27. Looking forward to reading more about your cruise!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter