"UPDATE"Just heard from a friend who works at a medical centre....

Scratch42

<font color=navy>I Owe, I Owe, so Off to Work I go
You are now required to have a medical note from a medical practitioner stating that you do not have SARS!:rolleyes: when crossing the border?

Anybody experience this!

Scratch
:smooth:

UPDATE

SHE IS FULL OF IT! WE JUST GOT BACK! NO PROBLEMO!
NO QUESTIONS ASKED!

We aren't going to October so hopfully the media hype surrounding SARS will be gone but I would be very interested to know if this is true and is it only true if you are a resident of Toronto.

over the border this weekend and apparently people have phoned their office complaining of being turned away at the border and at the airport! First I've heard of this and was wondering if anybody else experienced this.

I will harm her if she is pulling a joke on me 'cause her hubby forbids her to go!:rolleyes:

Anybody?!??!?

Scratch

Just returned from my trip to Europe though Pearson Airport. Goint to Europe we given a heath questionaire at the ticket counter and are return flight we were given the same form (different colur) by the flight attendant.
Qustions asked

Do you have a fever?

Do you have one or more of cough, shortness of breath or difficulty of breathing?

Have you been in contact with a SARS affected person in the past 10 days?

The form requires you to monitor your health for 10 days is systoms devellop.
There is a web address and toll free number on the form

So where's the trip report?

Enquiring minds want to know!

Scratch

I hope that it all, just a questionaire! But I know about that.
She is saying you need a letter from your doctor?:(

Just had family fly down on AC thru Pearson 5 days ago. They are from Oakville - didn't have any problem or questions asked.
I would imagine that if this were the case, it would be all over the media......
:confused:

There's nothing about this on the border crossing website, the Health Canada website or the Pearson Airport website. I think she must have misunderstood. That's the first I've heard of it and my husband's company travels a lot. Let's hope it's just a misunderstanding since there will be an awful lot of missed flights!!!!!! Maybe she meant that people who work in a health care facility must have a doctor's certificate?

And I can't find anything about this also.

It would not be the first time that she got misinformed!:rolleyes:

Oh well, there was the off chance that she was on the ball this time! Have been busy these last couple of days and thought maybe I missed something!

It's just I would have hated to drive the 1 1/2 hr and then get turned away because I was from TO!

Scratch
:rolleyes:

DH just crossed the border yesterday at Sarnia with no problem. But maybe if he was from T.O. instead of KW it might have been a problem. But I can't imagine the problems this would cause with the medical staff having to do this because they wouldn't be able to guarantee you don't have Sars without a lot of checking. Isn't that one of the problems with this virus is that it is hard to say exactly that you have it. That is why it will say possible cases and probable cases because there is no definitive test for it.

I'm going shopping in the Niagara Falls area on Monday night. I'll post if I have any problems going over the Rainbow bridge.
I got an awesome deal for hotel. I surfed the net to find a cheap hotel for the night and the Days Inn Riverview came up at $49.99 with full breakfast for the night. You have to give them code int801 to get the deal. The website is www.niagarafallsriverview.com. This is the US side. They have ongoing specials that include breakfast. I'll post and let you know what the hotel is like next week. Happy Canada Everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter