Update on wiFi in dvc rooms and in WDW Parks

Timeflys4us

Earning My Ears
Just got my first smart phone but not feeling so smart on how to use it.:hourglass

Could someone simply tell me is there free WiFi in all the DVC Resorts (will be at BCV in Oct.) and also in all the WDW Parks?

Thanks.

The rooms and parks have wifi for no additonal charge. It is also available in many of the main areas in the resorts other than the rooms.

Than uou.

I have just managed to download the disney app - does that mean I wii automatically connect to Disney's Wifi when I am in the parks? Or do I have still still do something with the phone?

You have to make sure it's set for wireless. I have an I-Phone 4, I go into settings. Sometimes the wireless is spotty, I switch over to 3G sometimes.

You'll need to tell your phone to connect to the Disney WiFi. There is free WiFi at both the resort and in the parks, but there are different names for the connection points. You may have to set up WiFi connections at various locations around WDW until they're all programmed into your phone.

I turned off my data connection to ensure my phone was always using the WiFi. Otherwise, I noticed that we would occassionally enter a location where I hadn't configured the WiFi connection, and my phone had reverted back to sending data through our Verizon account. (We were uploading a lot of photos, and I didn't want to use up all of our monthly allocation.)

I often turn wifi off when I am in the parks because the connection and speed is better on LTE. Email, internet, etc. uses very little of my data allowance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter