update on worried about making reservation with connection in it

jaw62901

Mouseketeer
I have been checking around, and found a flight that is really intreging. I can fly out of Chicago O'hare Dec 26 into Miami (1:30 wait) then leave from Miami to Orlando on American for 305.50. I would Leave Chicago at 8:02 am and get to Orlando at 2:41 pm. The return Jan 3, is about the same with only an 1 hr wait in Miami and get to Chicago around 1:45 pm. This would take care of my concern about getting stuck in cold, snowy weather. Up to this point, the cheapest I have found was 297, but laying over in New York. I did think about leaving from Midway, but for legistical reasons that probably would not work. Should I wait for a cheaper direct flight, or is this probably going to be the cheapest that I will find going out of Chicago Ohare. Any information would be great.

$305 seems rather expensive, but if it's what you're looking for I guess you should book it. We usually get flights for between $185 - $225, but we are flying out of Buffalo, NY, & usually go through Pitt, Philly or Charlotte.

Good luck. :D

BTW - you may get a better response to this question if you post it on the Transportation Board.

If you look at ATA out of Midway in Chicago

12/26 - 1/3 Non-stop both ways = $355.00

If you can change and fly late on 12/25

12/25 - 1/3 Non-stop both ways = $320.00

Not sure if you will do better than that at Christmas time?

That seems rather high to me as well. December is over nine months away... Also, have you considered flying out of Midway as well or perhaps trying Spirit Airlines. Bear in mind, that Miami is a rather big airport and you will probably have to fly in one of those commuter type planes between MIA and MCO.. Some people don't mind that, others do..

If it were me, personally, I would wait. Nine months out is pretty far for airlines to have any fare specials. However, do what you feel most comfortable with..

How about chicago to MIA and then drive to orlando, about 5 hours.
You could also try FLL ( 4 hours) or PBI( 3 hours) both are closer to Orlando. TPA is even closer about 1.5 hour ride. Remember you are going peak time, chances are prices will go up not down. Happy hunting

December 26 is so far away I would definitely wait before booking. $297-$305 is way too high, even for a holiday period. Chicago is a very competetive market. There's no way fares will stay that high for nine months. Keep monitoring the fares on a daily basis and don't pounce on anything until it drops to around $200 or so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter