• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone find a creative way to get the 3 GCs from BestBuy but also hit the AMEX spend $250 that makes it worthwhile?

Post #3 Amazon & Credit Card Offers

Q1 2024 5% Quarterly Categories
Activate, Offers & Suggestions
January 1st – March 31, 2024
by Doctor of Credit

Chase Freedom Q1 2024 Quarterly Categories: Grocery, Fitness, Gym, Spa
  • Grocery Stores– This is always a favorite since we all shop for groceries. Plus, you can max this out by purchasing gift cards to other retailers.
    • Merchants in this category include supermarkets, merchants that offer a full-service grocery line of merchandise including a deli and bakery, as well as smaller grocery stores.
    • Some merchants that sell grocery items are not included in this category; for example, larger stores that sell a wide variety of goods and groceries, such as warehouse clubs, discount stores and some smaller merchants such as drugstores, and merchants that specialize in only a few grocery items.
    • Purchases made at gas stations from merchants who also operate grocery stores are not included in this category.
    • Delivery service merchants will be included if they classify as a grocery store merchant.
  • Fitness Club & Gym Memberships
    • Merchants in this category include health clubs, exercise, or athletic facilities requiring membership and offering access to services related to physical fitness, such as fitness clubs, fitness centers, fitness studios, gyms, aerobics, cardio fitness and other services such as yoga and cross fit training.
    • Merchants that specialize in offering personalized or therapeutic services such as massage therapy, dietary and weight management counseling and personal training are not included in this category.
    • In addition, some merchants that sell a wide variety of general goods, which may include fitness or athletic apparel, sporting goods, dietary food, health food or similar supplements are not included in this category.
    • Also, certain lodging, hotel, motel, resort and central reservation services offering access to third party facilities that include fitness clubs or gyms are not included in this category unless they classify as a fitness
      club or gym membership merchant.
  • Self-Care & Spa Services
    • This category includes self-care and spa services, such as massages, spa treatments, manicures, tanning, and barber and salon services, purchased at merchant locations that specialize in providing these services.
    • Self-Care and spa services are typically provided by licensed professionals, however, services provided by medical professionals will not qualify.
    • Purchases of self-care and spa services at merchants that classify their location in another category, for example spa services purchased in a hotel, will not be included unless the merchant classifies the
      transactions in this category.
    • Purchases of related products and services, for example hair and skincare products purchased at a salon or an overnight stay at a spa, will also not be included unless the merchant classifies the transactions in this category.
Tip: Click this link (login required) to check how far you are along the $1,500.

Citi Dividend Q1 5% 2024: Amazon, Streaming
Landing Page

• Amazon
  • Select Streaming Services – Includes the following cable, satellite, and streaming providers: Amazon Prime Video, Amazon Music, Apple Music, Disney+, DirecTV Stream, ESPN+, fuboTV, HBO Max, NBA League Pass, Netflix, Pandora, Paramount+, Showtime, Sling TV, Spotify, Starz, SiriusXM, Vudu, YouTube Red, YouTube TV, and Tidal.
Discover Q1 2024 5% Categories: Restaurants and Drugstores
Activation Link
  • Restaurants – always a useful category
  • Drugstores – many pharmacies sell gift cards for a wide variety of retailers which is an option for maxing this out
Tip: Login, then click this link to see you how far along the $1,500 you are.

Anyone find a creative way to get the 3 GCs from BestBuy but also hit the AMEX spend $250 that makes it worthwhile?

Be sure to follow the links & read them.

Post #2 Discount District
Update 2
I’ve now had a Best Buy business account in addition to my personal account for the past 10 months. This turned out to be an excellent decision because it’s enable me to hit many gift card deals much harder than I would’ve been able to buy on a personal account.

So yes, you can have a Business Account AND Personal Account.

Disney Gift Card Deals ONLY

Best Buy

View attachment 817815
  • Buy $50 Disney DigitalGift Cards for $45
    • Personal accounts – limit 3 per transaction.
    • Business accounts – limit 9 per transaction.
    • Direct link to offer
    • Expiry date unknown.
Credit Cards & More
  • Best Buy Amex Offer: Get +1 Membership Rewards point per eligible dollar spent, up to 5,000 points.
    • Expires 12/15/23.
  • Best Buy Amex Offer: Spend $250+ in one or more transactions at Best Buy & get $25 back with an Amex Offer.
  • Apple Pay Amex offer: via Everyday card
    Get a $5 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $50 in one or more purchases using Apple Pay on your eligible mobile device.
  • Cash App Offer:10% off one order
    • Limit $100 spend
    • Expires 12/15/23.
  • US Bank Cash+: Electronic Stores
  • Stack with a Shopping Portal - YMMV
Sweetness! It's not behind the Total Tech subscription paywall!

This morning I stopped by Dollar General and picked up Starbucks cards 15% off to use in Magic Kingdom. I also got my husband a Taco Hell card for 15%> Chick-fil-A was not on sale and Zaxby's was only 10%>

I received an email from Costco that this offer is expiring today.
I wonder if Costco will continue to sell DGC online.
I hope they do.

Costco
Credit Cards & More

sorry, but every time that I see ACME, i think of this...

View attachment 817829

Thanks for posting this. I was able to get 3 with my usual credit card via the Best Buy app. It gave an error when I tried online via PC (Request failed because of network connection). I waited until those showed up and then got 2 more via Cash App. Waiting to see that is successful or not.

DG is on my list of errands for today. I'll let you know if DGC are part of the 15% off or not.
I went today. DGC is not part of the deal. Only the cards pictured. I even had the cashier test a DGC to be sure.

I went today. DGC is not part of the deal. Only the cards pictured. I even had the cashier test a DGC to be sure.

I think there's more going on that what can be seen on the actual ad. The store should have posted a sign like the one @Euby took. I think your cashier may have misspoken.

1702661491855.png

Nothing creative... but earlier this year I just bought $125 worth of other undiscounted gift cards to get to the $250. I got a $100 Apple GC and a $25 Roblox GC. They have many to select from... I was debating between Apple and Amazon but ultimately went with Apple since I can get quarterly 5% bonus from my Discover card on Amazon purchases.

With respect to the idea of having a business account to improve access to gift card deals--does this require an actual business? Does Best Buy want your state Corporations Bureau I.D. number or something? Or do you just call yourself "Jane Doe LLC" and nobody cares enough to verify it?

I've been updating the Warehouse thread for Black Friday/ DGC deals 2023. Why am I missing so much for BJ's? I don't have a membership there but I could have sworn you guys posted all the deals and brochure . Right?

Also if I'm missing any details, please let me know. Thank you.

• BJ’s Black Friday 2023: Offered the following DGC deals:
    • $25 Disney gift cards for $23.49
    • $50 Disney gift cards for $46.99
    • $100 Disney gift cards for $94.99
    • 3x $50 Disney gift cards for $141.49
    • $500 Disney gift cards for $472.49
    • Offer valid 11/17/23 - 11/27/23.
    • BJ's also offered DGC at a discount 2 days prior to BF which ended on 11/16/23

• Costco DP & More: @misssue23 spotted $250 Disney eGift Cards for $224.99 at Costco .com via a banner on 12/07/23. The offer went live on
    12/08/23, limit 2 per member. Offer is slated to expire on 12/15/23.

• Sam's Club 2023 Black Friday Disney eGift Card: $200 DGC for $180. Limit 2 per membership as seen on Post #19844 . Offer went live on 11/03/21 at 12:01am EST, Plus members did not get early access. Purchases started on Post #20075 and Sold Out on 11/05/23.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter