• Limit 2.
  • Buy $50 Bass Pro Shops & Cabela’s Gift Cards & Get $8 BonusCash
    • Limit 2
  • Buy $50 Select Gift Cards & Get $10 BonusCash
    • Includes: Fanatics, Spa & Wellness and Topgolf
    • Limit 2
    • Weekly ad
    • Offer valid 12/31/23 – 1/06/24.

Most Costco memberships cover two people (typicaly married couple), so I was able to get two orders of two gift cards when the offer first came out a couple of weeks ago. I did each order on two separate days. So that was $1k. I tried a third order of two, and was rejected.

Then on Dec. 15, someone posted that they had received an email that the promotion had ended, and that they were then able to order more that day. So I ordered two more successfully that day...and the next...and the next...and the next... But after I hit the $3k mark, my order last Wednesday was rejected. I tried again on Saturday and again this morning...no go.

I also got $3000, but $500 was on my sons account when they canceled me that evening. The order through my son took me to $2500. Two days later I got another $500 making it a total of $3000.

I'm probably going to try again, but not today. I want my credit card statement to close first! I have 2 trips coming, one in Feb and one in March so it will help. If my account doesn't work I'll do son and daughters.

Zulily Is Going Into Liquidation – Here’s What It Means For Their Gift Cards

1703705093425.png
In case you’d been holding on to any of their gift cards, there’s some bad news. Zulily has announced that they’ve closed operations and are going into liquidation with immediate effect.

What Happens To Zulily Gift Cards?
If you still have a Zulily gift card with a balance on it, you sadly don’t have many options for getting any value from it. That because with the company going into liquidation, there’s no opportunity to redeem their gift cards for merchandise. If you’d already placed an order though, they’re trying to process as many of those as possible.

So what option do you have? Per the FAQs regarding the liquidation:

12. I have a gift card, can I get the money back?
Unfortunately, pursuant the ABC process, parties who may have a claim against the company—or believe they are owed money—will need to file a proof of claim. Please visit https://omniagentsolutions.com/ZulilyABC for claim forms and additional information. We sincerely regret any inconvenience this may cause.

Whether you’ll get some – or even any – money back from your gift card remains to be seen, but it’s worth submitting a claim ASAP. That said, it’s expected that the process will take 12-18 months, so I wouldn’t expect to see any money until at least 2025.

Originally posted by GC Galore

Who doesn't love a celebration?!

It’s GC Galore’s 5th Birthday (+ 1 Week)

1703708784014.png
Without doing a copy & paste, I hope you all take a moment to read this article and post a response of gratitude. The gift card thread has featured many of Stephen Pepper's hard work over the years and will continue to do so. Direct link

Happy Birthday my friend. I'm wishing you continued success.

Update: These offers are still live and there's a new deal when buying groceries.

Albertsons Companies:
Albertson's

1703712088704.png

Last edited:

Here are the gift cards sold at Giants Food Stores in Pennsylvania, for those with the Amex offer. (Note that there is a similar offer for Martin's which is owned by the same company, so I assume they carry the same gift cards.)
Thank you so much! I've added a link to the following posts:

GIANT/Martin’s/Stop & Shop/Giant

Credit Cards & More

Not sure if anyone else shopping at Harris Teeter phas had any problems getting fuel points after purchasing GC offering “200 extra fuel points” . I purchased Barnes &No le and Lowe’s $25 gift cards and had to call customer service in order to obtain the fuel points…this is the 3rd time I’ve had to call to get correct number of points,

I've had issues both online and in-store a handful of times, thankfully when calling Kroger the process is easy & quick to add the missing points.

Always important to be on the lookout for tampered gift cards in the store, as the article below illustrates.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gift-card-draining-scam-hits-023311882.html
I came across that article over lunch today. Like the other scam that involves skimming payment cards at fuel pumps, I wonder how easy it really is to notice that something is wrong. Obviously a scratched-off security code is hard to miss, but I imagine some if not most of these tampered with/phony cards look pretty convincing.

I came across that article over lunch today. Like the other scam that involves skimming payment cards at fuel pumps, I wonder how easy it really is to notice that something is wrong. Obviously a scratched-off security code is hard to miss, but I imagine some if not most of these tampered with/phony cards look pretty convincing.
There was a video recently with the Today show where one of their lawyers got $2000 worth of empty gift cards. They show what they looked like. The problem seems mostly to be from gift cards that are sealed which makes it hard to see that the card itself has been tampered with:

I noticed some of the newer Disney gift cards I purchased from Lidl have converted to a sealed gift card package instead of the card being glued. I had thought this was a benefit because it made it much harder to get to the gift card without messing with the packaging - but I'm not so sure that is true based on the video above.

There was a video recently with the Today show where one of their lawyers got $2000 worth of empty gift cards. They show what they looked like. The problem seems mostly to be from gift cards that are sealed which makes it hard to see that the card itself has been tampered with:

I noticed some of the newer Disney gift cards I purchased from Lidl have converted to a sealed gift card package instead of the card being glued. I had thought this was a benefit because it made it much harder to get to the gift card without messing with the packaging - but I'm not so sure that is true based on the video above.

Yeah what's hard for us to get into with out damaging the "envelope", seems to be easy if you have the right equipment.

Oof. That sealing job is next level! And to scratch off the pin code! Recipient doesn't stand a chance.

I got a VGC a Xmas this year and I spent that puppy that night on a DGC via Target. Felt like I was holding a hot potato from the moment I opened it despite no tampering to it.

Always important to be on the lookout for tampered gift cards in the store, as the article below illustrates.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gift-card-draining-scam-hits-023311882.html
One of our 4 Target gift cards was affected. We live in Maryland. We purchased 4 gift cards during the 10% off sale. We immediately used most of the amount on 1 gift card. When we tried to use the balance next week, it was gone. Target did replace the stolen value with a new gift card (which we immediately loaded into our account).

I think Kroger is cracking down on using visa/mc gift cards for purchasing other gift cards in store. A few months ago I could do unlimited transactions processing it as a credit card, last month I was limited to 2 transactions total, now it just kept denying my transaction. I was able to use the visa/mc gift card to purchase groceries only, but when I tried to check out with gc's, it would not process my payment.
I know most stores have a policy where you can't buy another gift card with a store gift card, but it seems Kroger is extending this to any type of gift card.
*I would purchase the visa GC at Office depot to get 5x Chase rewards, then I would purchase the disney gift card at kroger when they have 4x fuel rewards to try and maximize my discount

Yeah what's hard for us to get into with out damaging the "envelope", seems to be easy if you have the right equipment.

In the video, they said that the thieves steam the gift card packaging to soften the glue which allows them to open it and remove the gift card easily - so not sure if you even need fancy equipment to do it, just a cheap garment steamer might do it? The big problem I see with sealing the card inside is that you can't see if someone has removed or tampered with the foil seal which protects the security code and in some cases now protects the entire gift card number.

At least with the older style flip up packaging, you can see the card and I always pull the packaging back a little bit to make sure the foil sticker is intact.

Last edited:
I’m so paranoid about buying physical cards that I keep reusing old cards which I know is riskier in case there are issues. I think I will get new cards soon, I’m thinking buying them directly at a WDW shop to be safe? I’ve never bought a DGC on property but I imagine they’re at the register and harder to tamper with? I’ve always put my eDGC balances on physical cards to make swiping easier but perhaps I need to look into using Apple Wallet or just scanning the barcodes from my phone even if that’s a bit of a hassle at restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter