Updated Magic Concierge Rooms?

viper17d

Mouseketeer
I’ve read the Magic got some updated decor/fixtures in its Concierge staterooms during its dry dock, but I’ve yet to see any real pictures, videos, or impressions of them.

Does anyone have any information on the updates (first hand or otherwise)??

I saw some of the rooms after dry dock. The carpet and sofa all looked new and upgraded. I don’t have any pics but even DW said that looks so much better than our “regular” room next door!

I saw some of the rooms after dry dock. The carpet and sofa all looked new and upgraded. I don’t have any pics but even DW said that looks so much better than our “regular” room next door!
Nice! The latest stateroom reviews I had read commented on the more dated decor and worn down couches in the concierge rooms, so it’s great they’ve put some money into them.

Yeah, it’s funny that there hasn’t been more information, because it does seem like they’ve put a lot of work in.

Not sure if allowed but if you look at the Facebook group "Disney Cruising Concierge" there are a couple of families that have posted photos of the renovated one bedroom suites. There are also photos of the upgraded concierge lounge.

Not sure if allowed but if you look at the Facebook group "Disney Cruising Concierge" there are a couple of families that have posted photos of the renovated one bedroom suites. There are also photos of the upgraded concierge lounge.
Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately, I don’t have Facebook and the group is private 🙁 How did it look??

From what I have seen on Facebook, the room updates look so nice! They completely renovated everything. All the wood is gone, new furniture, new modern color scheme leaning into blues, new carpet. Bathrooms look stunning, all new gold-colored fixtures and old tile was replaced with a nice white marble, rain shower head, definitely leaning towards the styling we see on the Wish. We booked an August cruise in concierge before the dry dock announcement, so we are more than excited to experience the new rooms and lounge. (FYI, not my photos, from online)

Attachments

• Magic.jpg
    Magic.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 225
  • Magic2.jpg
    Magic2.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
From what I have seen on Facebook, the room updates look so nice! They completely renovated everything. All the wood is gone, new furniture, new modern color scheme. Bathrooms look stunning, all new gold colored fixtures and old tile was replaced with a nice white marble, rain shower head, definitelty leaning towards the styling we see on the Wish. We booked an August cruise in concierge before the dry dock announcement, so we are more than excited to experience the new rooms and lounge.

Photos and videos have been limited but found some online that show the new vibe of the rooms to get an idea
(FYI these are not my photos!)
Wow - these are beautiful! Yeah, huge change and it seems like these are now a really close 2nd to the Wish concierge staterooms in decor and finish.

We, too, booked an August cruise in concierge on the Magic before the dry dock. Really excited!

From what I have seen on Facebook, the room updates look so nice! They completely renovated everything. All the wood is gone, new furniture, new modern color scheme leaning into blues, new carpet. Bathrooms look stunning, all new gold-colored fixtures and old tile was replaced with a nice white marble, rain shower head, definitely leaning towards the styling we see on the Wish. We booked an August cruise in concierge before the dry dock announcement, so we are more than excited to experience the new rooms and lounge. (FYI, not my photos, from online)
Did they just fixed the bathtube to be a shower, or is it true for all concierge rooms?

Did they just fixed the bathtube to be a shower, or is it true for all concierge rooms?
I can only speak to the 1-bedrooms, but they still have a tub in the main bathroom, it is just separated from the shower. The tub was also replaced with a new model to fit the modern style.

Also, I just noticed from discussions in the Facebook groups, the newly converted Concierge Family Verandah staterooms did not get a makeover aside from upgraded finishes and maybe a new couch. So only categories that were Concierge 1-Bedroom and above got fully revamped. So that is also important to keep in mind if you are thinking to book Concierge on the Magic.

Also, I just noticed from discussions in the Facebook groups, the newly converted Concierge Family Verandah staterooms did not get a makeover aside from upgraded finishes and maybe a new couch. So only categories that were Concierge 1-Bedroom and above got fully revamped. So that is also important to keep in mind if you are thinking to book Concierge on the Magic.
Interesting - funny to have such different styling and finishes across the staterooms on a single ship. Happy that they put some love into any of the staterooms, though!

I wish they had enough time to add the open air top sun deck to the concierge lounge, similar to the Wonder, but what they’ve done looks really nice.

Looks like they got rid of the jetted tub … downgrade IMO. I preferred the classic nautical / wood look ….
I agree - the tub was a big draw for us to book a 1-BR over a veranda concerge room. It's smaller, has no jets and there is no place to put your wine. We don't sail on the Magic till next June, I hope it turns out better then it looks.

Don't get me wrong, the old decor was dated, I'm just not convinced this is significantly better. And the gold is just tacky to me personally, so that's not a draw.

I agree - the tub was a big draw for us to book a 1-BR over a veranda concerge room. It's smaller, has no jets and there is no place to put your wine. We don't sail on the Magic till next June, I hope it turns out better then it looks.

Don't get me wrong, the old decor was dated, I'm just not convinced this is significantly better. And the gold is just tacky to me personally, so that's not a draw.
“There’s no place to put your wine”! This is a critique I can get behind! 🤣🤣🤣

Here are some more pictures from FB (not mine)

Attachments

• IMG_7225.jpeg
    IMG_7225.jpeg
    50.7 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_7224.jpeg
    IMG_7224.jpeg
    56.5 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_7223.jpeg
    IMG_7223.jpeg
    53.8 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_7222.jpeg
    IMG_7222.jpeg
    47.4 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_7221.jpeg
    IMG_7221.jpeg
    43.2 KB · Views: 155
We sail next April in what was an existing family veranda suite. Not a fan of the new color scheme - too much like harvest gold or avocado appliances — immediately dated.

Here are some more pictures from FB (not mine)
I’m just a fan that these were updated at all, let alone in such a significant way. Much more modern finishes, but best of all, fresh.

I’m sure I haven’t been following DCL as long as many of you, but how does this compare, in terms of amount changed, to any other stateroom refurbishments across the fleet? It seems quite comprehensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter