(updated post #28) Would it be crazy to plan a Labor Day trip this last minute?

We planned a Thanksgiving trip on the Friday before, bought our tickets Thanksgving morning, and had no trouble getting FP+ on the ferry to MK. Totally doable just make sure you do rope drop. Crowds didn't get bad until after noon.

In early March 2014 we booked a spur of the moment WDW trip 6 days before we planned to arrive. We called Disney on a Sun., got our resort and Park Passes and immediately started making PF+ selections. Over the course of the week I improved the choices daily, sometimes multiple times a day and by the time we got there we were pretty well set. The only sit down meal we wanted was Cape May for dinner and the 2 of us got in after a short wait at the bar. You'll do fine.

Bill From PA

We have taken many last minute trips, some are among our best ever. Favorite one was deciding to drive down for New Years eve at 3 p.m. on the 30th of December. 24 hours later (driving) we were on a bus from CBR to MK. Totally awesome. I keep a "Go Bag" packed all the time just like the FBI. Just in case. Have a great trip!

Heck yes! Last minute trips can be super fun! The day Disney announced they were closing Maelstrom I booked a trip and we were riding Maelstrom 6 days later - it was awesome! Go for it!

I booked a weekend trip for the weekend after Labor Day today as well as fast passes, still lots available! If you're looking for a great deal, and I don't know how many they have left, but google DISNEY AGENCY EXCLUSIVE and book with the TA that pops up, they have the lowest rates I've ever seen. Have a wonderful time!

OP here. WE BOOKED!
Flights are booked, online check in complete, and we customized our magic bands.

September 1st-4th.
Staying at ASMovies.
2 day PH tickets and MNSSHP tickets for Friday.
We arrive early Friday.
Friday we have FP+ for POTC, JC, and Space Mountain.
Saturday we have FP+ for 7DMT, BTMRR, and Space Mountain. We also have a BOG lunch ADR and may hop over to AK in the evening.
Sunday we have FP+ for TSM and TOT and we will see what is available at Epcot after our TSM FP+. Plus we will be experiencing F&WF for the first time!

We are so excited!
Now we just have to tell our family and friends who will think we're nuts considering this will be the 4th Disney vacation in one year lol.

I'd be surprised (and impressed) if you could get a DR for BOG. I am going for a week around Labor Day and I couldn't find one.
But otherwise, I love the idea of your last minute trip!

You may have missed it. I updated that we booked last night :)
And I got a BOG lunch ADR on September 2nd.
I only have a party of 2 so that may be why it wasn't too hard to get.
It was sort of a deal breaker for my sister because we love love love BOG so if we couldn't get an ADR she was taking it as a sign not to go lol.

Unless you're really lucky you won't get FP for things like the Avatar rides. But you can get pretty much anything else if you are flexible about times.

I just booked a short stay last week for next weekend (annual passes make that easy), so it's not unheard of. I also have a few fast passes.

and it's about my sixth or seventh trip to WDW this year.

Go for it! I'm still trying to convince my kids for a trip the week of 8/21, I have 12 days off starting 8/17 and no one wants to go
I don't care if they finally say yes the day before, I'll figure it out!

Unless you're really lucky you won't get FP for things like the Avatar rides. But you can get pretty much anything else if you are flexible about times.

Luckily we are not interested in FOP although my sister wouldn't mind checking out Pandora.
And we were able to get the FP+ we wanted for the times we wanted even 7DMT and TSM.
We are so excited we could burst at the seems lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter