US Public Holidays

Silver

Mouseketeer
Does anybody have a list of the US Public Holidays, ie Veterans Day, Memorial Day and other important holiday times.

I keep reading threads about these days but apart from Thanksgiving and Veterans Day which I know are in November I don't have a clue.

Would this be something that could be "fixed" to the top of this forum and updated every year? I know I would find it very useful as us Brits don't even have these US holidays in our UK diaries.

Here are the major holidays for the next several months:

July 4 - Independence Day
September 2 - Labor Day
October 14 - Columbus Day
November 11 - Veterans' Day
November 28 - Thanksgiving Day
November 25 - Christmas Day
January 1 - New Year's Day
January 20 - Martin Luther King Day
February 12 - Lincoln's Birthday
February 17 - Presidents' Day

There's also Memorial Day which is the last Monday in May, like our Whit or Spring Bank holiday.

Silver:
The following are designated as "holidays" but are not necessarily observed like the others (i.e., not all businesses close, some people have the day off, others don't, banks may or may not be open, post office mail delivery, etc.)

October 14 - Columbus Day
November 11 - Veterans' Day
January 20 - Martin Luther King Day
February 12 - Lincoln's Birthday
February 17 - Presidents' Day

For example, my company gives us President's Day off as a paid holiday, however, Columbus Day, Veterans' Day, MLK Day and Lincoln's b'day are all normal work days for us.

According to my Outlook Today calender it's 'Flag Day' in the US today - whatever that is :)

:)
Don't forget halloween on 31st Oct it might not be a holiday but the American's love it ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter