US$'s

Kal El

Mouseketeer
I hav ebeen thinking about what form to take my money in.

Should I just my £'s into $'s over here and take the cash?
or
Should I take US $ traveler cheques?
or
Should I take £ traveler cheques and get them changed over there?

On the last method does anyone know what exchange rate you will get over there? Is it going to be better than the exchange rate over here?

Thanks in advance for any info:D

hi Kal

don't take stering travellers cheques as you will find it very hard if not impossible to change them in orlando

if you want to go for travellers cheques then take dollar cheques in small denominations as they are widely accepted as cash in shops and restarunts you just sign the cheque at the counter and they will give you cash as change

I would not recomend that you carry all your holiday money as cash as this is not really safe

the exchange rate in the US is very simalar to the rate that you would get here so no real advantage in changing pounds sterling to US dolars when you get there if you can find some where to do this

what we did on our last trip was took about $300.00 cash and then used our uk debit card to withdraw cash from the US cash point machines

you will find cash machines in the parks supermarkets gas stations and shopping malls you will be charged between $1.00 and $3.00 per transaction but we found if you are withdrawing large amounts of $200.00 to $300.00 on each transaction this did not work out to expensive

Hi Kal

My parents just got back from the States and the best exchange rate they got was when using their credit card. They never got better than 1.31 changing travellers cheques but the cards worked out at 1.38 when the statement came.

They were using sterling travellers cheques though as they had been to several other countries, as Jayne says dollar travellers cheques are almost like cash.

Karyn

Jayne2,

I've noticed that the ATMs at Publix don't charge a fee for taking money out just your own bank. It's only saving you a dollar or two but it saves carrying lots of cash around.

We usually take a small amount of cash, mostly $ travellers cheques and the occasional top-up from Publix.

What type of card do I need to cash from an ATM? I've got a credit card but it charges interest on cash withdrawals. Should I drag myself into the 21st century and get something like Switch?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter