Use caution when booking with WDTC!!

agoofylover

Mouseketeer
I just got back from our 1st family trip to DL. I wanted to inform all of you of a situation I had with Walt Disney Travel Co. (in downtown Disney). I booked this trip back in January. Originally it was to be all 5 days in anaheim...and then we thought ...why not go to Seaworld, while we are in CA. So, I was going to go down to a 4day hopper and a day at Seaworld. The agent on the phone suggested to me a Southern Cal city pass. It saved us money and would do all this plus universal and the zoo. I said ok, but what if we wanted an extra day at DL? The agent said no problem...I could upgrade for $20 a person at the travel co in DTD. I had called the travel co. over the past 9 months on several occasions for other little questions...and at another time asked another agent the same question about adding a day to our pass. Again, I was told $20 at the travel co. in DTD. Let me say that all agents seemed friendly and knowledgeable on the phone. So, on our third day...before we entered the parks, we went to the travel co. at DTD. I asked about upgrading our passes. I was "helped" by a woman named Suzette (she said she was a supervisor). First I was told that you had to go to the ticket booths for the upgrade...a mistake by the phone agents(no big deal). Then we said, "oh, so we pay the $20 each there then". She said no, you have to pay $50 each because of the savings on the city pass. I said, no...I booked this package based off the $20 upgrade option. She just continued on that their was nothing she could do, because she didn't know the conversation on the phone. I explained that I had asked this on more than one occasion. We booked everything through this company, including 6 nights hotel, mini-van, insurance, character meal and could she please accomondate what her company told us. She was of no help...wouldn't budge! So much for the happiest place on earth. We saved a long time for this trip and were trying to stay within our budget! I was in a dilemma, because park hours were short to begin with and now we had cut into another hour of our limited time. We hadn't been to DCA yet and hadn't finished all at DL! I felt like an idiot, because I was in charge of this trip and now I failed. My husband and sons showed up at the travel co.(they had been keeping busy, while we waited). I couldn't help it...but tears started coming down my face and I just said, "let's go, they want $50 ($250) for us to go instead of $100. They won't help us!" I started to walk out and my step-mom got fired up. She said we paid over $5,000 for this trip you can't afford to keep your people's word? My step mom saw a customer comment business card and asked if she should cal this #. The lady said...and I quote! "Go ahead, but nobody will answer!" ( training they had or something that day). I said that I would report this on the DIS boards, because you guys should know and that lots of people like to read things like this. She said.."that's your right." I said, " I booked this because of the special perks through your travel co., that I could have just used an agent at home." She said smuggly, "They all use us anyway!" (I know they have choices of other company's too, for a fact!!)

So, I don't know what happend, but she finally agreed to research my info and saw the change from 5 days to adding on San diego and the city pass. I said see....and she said she believed me, but that she could do nothing. Then out of the blue she says we can charge the cards for the $250 at the ticket counter and that she will refund me the difference $150 on my charge card + $25 for the incovience. I said thank you. She then got a little nicer....and I can only hope I get the refund. It will take awhile she says. However, we wasted about an hour of arguing, getting upset and whatever that we could have been enjoying disneyland resort. If she just would have done what she finally did at the beginning (when she said she couldn't do anything for us!) So, I just want you to know this if you go to this travel co in DTD. Apparently, she didn't know everything, because when we went to pay for the upgrade at the ticket booth....it only cost us $20 a piece. The phone agents were right!!!!! Unfortunately they just told me the wrong location. It's pretty sad that as much money as DLR makes....we had to go through that! It almost ruined my whole trip!! Just an FYI :furious:

Sounds like supervisor Suzette needs a little more customer service training. Even if what she said was true and she had no leeway, her delivery of the information was pretty horrid!

Yes, she had absolutely no customer service skills! I was a retail manager and store trainer...so I know how customers should be treated. It could have been handed a lot differently and I wasn't asking for the moon! Obviously she did have leeway...she did something what she could have done 45 minutes earlier...luckily we stood their long enough or else. I would have gave up and been upset, but luckily my step mom stepped up and held on.
We just wanted what was told to us on more than one occassion.

I know your going soon...have a great trip!! It's hard with the little ones..but fun too!

minnietoo said:
You should still complain to customer service - they need to know.

oh thats a definite! Im sorry you went through all that...I would have pixiedust: her into oblivion for you if Id have been there :teeth:

Oh, I will, trust me...but I will wait to see if I get my refund first! She told me, one to two billing cycles...I will hold the visa charge if I don't see the credit!! I really was surprised that a Disney related Company would treat customers this way. I also forgot to mention that they are hard to locate...all the way DTD just past the bookstore..and before you get to the DLH. You take a left after the bookstore. She said...oh, I wonder if others might have problems too...and maybe problems finding us.
I also want to make it clear, that I am not one to complain about nothing. We were treated very unkindly and other than this...we had no problems with the travel company.

I wanted to bring this post back to where it could get noticed...

Also, I told my step-mom that I had posted this on the boards and she wanted me to add something that I forgot.

It was that Suzette said she couldn't do anything for us as mentioned earlier and only decided that she could do something, when we said that we had nothing to do all day and would wait while she researched our trip. She said that it could take a long time...and we said, we've got nothing else to do...we can wait. That is suddenly when she changed her mind. lol :rotfl: Apparently she didn't want to us to stick around. :confused3

My experiences with the staff at the DLR WDWTC was similar... it was a horrid experience that I dont wish on anyone. I did complain and I was made to feel better by their supervisors, but still to this day if I think about it I get all worked up. lol

Shame on them...

Here's a tip... note the exact day and TIME and who you talked with...

agoofylover said:
Oh, I will, trust me...but I will wait to see if I get my refund first! She told me, one to two billing cycles...I will hold the visa charge if I don't see the credit!!

I read this yesterday and chose not to respond, but with the bump up I just have to ask... maybe I'm missing something, but didn't you say that you WERE able to upgrade for $20 per person, as promised?

It does sound like you got an agent who did not have stellar customer service skills, or was having a really bad day, or a bit of both.
And true, you should have been given the correct info in the beginning. If the agents were all up to speed, as they should be, all of this could have been avoided.
Are you reading this WDTC? ;)

I do think that a letter detailing the confusion and your concerns over how you were treated is warranted.

I just don't understand the bit about disputing a legitimate visa charge if you don't get your refund. :confused3

IMO the $25 they agreed to give you for your inconvenience is really all you're entitled to.
The other $150 was for the difference between what you were told you would have to pay to upgrade and what the bad agent thought you would have to pay... except you didn't.

Anyway, I hope the rest of your trip was enjoyable.

Catsmom...Yes, we did get to bump up for $20 a person. I have no problem with that...I just want to make sure that this lady followed through on her promise. I called the guest relations # today (the one we were told to call, but nobody would answer) and a very nice lady said that it showed that a credit was going to be applied. She was appalled by the behavior I described...and really wanted me to put a letter in writing, so that the woman's supervisor would get it directly. Now, I'm not one to be dishonest...but this time I'm choosing to take the refund!! You guys might not agree, but you were not there during this whole ordeal!! The lady went out of her way to say she could do nothing, was rude, reduced me to tears...and was going to let me just walk away...very unhappy. Like I said, if it wasn't for my persistant step-mom..that held on a little longer...we wouldn't have gotten anywhere. I didn't ask for anything!! I just wanted what was told to me to begin with. After this long ordeal, we didn't even get to DCA until atleast 11:30 and it closed at 6pm. So, I figure that Suzette can bite the bullet for her own mistakes. 1# she didn't have the correct information...she said the others were wrong (she's a supervisor?). #2 this is the representation for the whole travel co at Disneyland? I don't think Disney would like to know how people are treated. #3 I don't want anyone else to ever be treated like this or be misfed the information I was. I think that this lady(or the DTD office) could really ruin a person's vacation. Why have it there if they can't help you in anyway?

We spent plenty of $$$ at the resort and on this package...I don't think that I'm being over compensated for the ordeal. I've said enough. I only vented because I wanted you guys to all have a heads up...like I said..it should be a happy time for all...and I'd wish for this not to happen to others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter