• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Use gift cards at parks?

sandymandr

DIS Veteran
I want to get my friend a disney gift card for her bday since we are going to be in WDW in December. This seems like a dumb question, but I read on disney site that gift cards can be used at "some" WDW resort locations. Would she be able to use it for souvenirs at most stores in the parks? And what about for food? TIA!

don't know the answer... but would love to hear it. I've been wondering the same thing, so I don't think it's a dumb question at all....... :rolleyes1

I purchased over $3,000.00 worth of Disney Gift cards for our last vacation. (My son's school gave credit back towards tuition). When I got to our resort, I just gave them the cards and they put them on my room key charge. It was great. We have also given our son smaller denomination gift cards to spend while at the parks. I don't think he's found a place yet that didn't take them. I can forsee you might have a problem at some of the small "mobile" snack stands in the park. Sometimes they don't even take room keys (not sure why):goodvibes

I bought one last trip so that I could limit my souvenier spending. I had no problem using it anywhere. I still had some money left on it this year and managed to spend it all!

I think if they take the room key they will take the gift card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter