Using Disney Gift Card

Jessica Rust

Mouseketeer
I was planning on buying Disney gift cards to help budget for spending (souvenirs, etc) while on our trip. I have already bought some but wanted to check on this before I bought any more. My question is, is there anywhere you can think of that does NOT accept them?

The last I heard, you cannot use them if you plan on ordering food through mobile ordering (credit card only the last I heard).

The last I heard, you cannot use them if you plan on ordering food through mobile ordering (credit card only the last I heard).

We are on the dining plan so that won't be an problem. Mainly using them for souvenirs and snacks we dont want to use a credit for.

Disney gift cards are accepted virtually everywhere in WDW. There are a few carts and temporary locations (e.g. the vendors out before parades) that don't have the ability to take anything other than cash. There are also some merchants and restaurants in Disney Springs (all non-Disney owned) that don't take giftcards, but they are few in number.

Also, if you don't know, you can go to the Disney giftcard website and combine those small value cards into one card with up to $1000 on it. Makes life simpler.

Steve

Word of advice... Go to disneygiftcard.com and combine them onto one card (or if you're going to be splitting up, one per person/small group). You can put up to $1000 on one card. MUCH easier to keep track of one or two cards than a zillion smaller ones. (Plus you don't end up doing the "Sorry, that one's empty." "Oh, here, try this one..." dance when you pull out one of the zillion that you've already used all of.)

Disney gift cards are accepted virtually everywhere in WDW. There are a few carts and temporary locations (e.g. the vendors out before parades) that don't have the ability to take anything other than cash. There are also some merchants and restaurants in Disney Springs (all non-Disney owned) that don't take giftcards, but they are few in number.

Also, if you don't know, you can go to the Disney giftcard website and combine those small value cards into one card with up to $1000 on it. Makes life simpler.

Steve

Yes!! (And I need to read the whole thread before replying. :) )

Word of advice... Go to disneygiftcard.com and combine them onto one card (or if you're going to be splitting up, one per person/small group). You can put up to $1000 on one card. MUCH easier to keep track of one or two cards than a zillion smaller ones. (Plus you don't end up doing the "Sorry, that one's empty." "Oh, here, try this one..." dance when you pull out one of the zillion that you've already used all of.)

And the other benefit is if you do misplace one, you can transfer the balance immediately to another one you have linked.

I like your idea of using gift cards to stick to a budget, but tapping with your magic band is so convenient. You may want to weight the easy of magic bands vs budgeting with the cards. You can always pay your room balance that includeds all your taps with gift cards.

Steve

Thanks!

I like your idea of using gift cards to stick to a budget, but tapping with your magic band is so convenient. You may want to weight the easy of magic bands vs budgeting with the cards. You can always pay your room balance that includeds all your taps with gift cards.

This!! But, you will have to visit your front desk every so often to pay off the balance that is coming over from your tap purchases because once that accumulates to a certain amount, Disney will automatically charge the cc you put on file when you checked in. You may want to let them know your plans to do it this way when you check in, because they tend to auto-bill in the overnight hours. As long as you stop in and apply gift cards and keep your rolling balance low, the room charges won't ever get billed to the cc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter