• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Using Fast Pass after it expires-even the next day?

Bibbidy Bobbidy Boo

Dis Veteran
I read on a trip report that you can use a fast pass after the window of return has expired,and even use them on a subsequent day! Does anyone else have any experience or knowledge about this?

I've read the same thing on these boards.

But I don't get it. Doesn't it defeat the purpose of the Fastpass system? :confused3

When we were there at the first of June a cm said the fp's are good ANYTIME after the time listed, even other days. So, according to him, you get a fp for Tot for 6/25/04 1-2pm they are good during that time frame and any time after that. We still have a couple from our last trip, guess we will give it a shot on our next trip. If it works like that great, and if not no biggie.

I use to work Fast Pass at the studios. We did take passes as long as the first time has expired.

I read the same thing on these boards about the FP being good all day. We were at Disney last week. We got FP's for the Safari ride, when we entered, we did not use the fast pass as the standby line was shorter, I asked the two CM's in the beginning of the entrance and then at the end where you hand the Cm you FP about this and they both told me " They would accept them a few minutes past the expired time, but NO you could not use them anytime during the day."

So now I am really confused. As one of the posters said , doesn't this defeat the purpose of a Fast Pass.

i used the fast pass the day after i received it.
i had split up from my group and they had the fp.

went back the next day without them and with the expired fp and the cm said i could use it.
must be lucky.
raven:bounce:

When I was there last year, I tried to use a fast pass that expired a couple hours earlier. I was told it was no good. It was only time I tried so I don't know if it works sometime and not other. maybe it all depends on which CM is taking ticket.

Since I heard the same thing about using old Fast Passes I asked the CM at TOT and she said no they are not valid. It even states it on the back, "Cannot accept early arrivals. Valid only on date printed." But the secret to using them later is you have to enter during the same time window that were printed on the Fast Pass from the previous day or days. I tried this and used them easily. Since the CM gathering the Fast Passes is just looking at the time they did not look at the date on the lower left in the small print.

I was able to use FP days after they were issued during out last trip. (Twice I was able to use FP from 2001) Each time I told the first CM that the FP were from a different day. They looked them over and said to go on in.

The two FP from 2001 were for Space Mountain and Dinosaur. SP broke down while we were on it. We had to wait awhile for CM to come up and walk us out. We were given FP passes; without return times on them; to use later. I told the CM that I wasn't sure if we'd return during that trip, and he said to bring back whenever we came back to WDW. Same thing happened with Dinosaur, but we weren't on it when it broke down.

I think it depends on who's working when you try to use them. If any of the CMs had told us we couldn't use the old FP, I would have been fine with it.

I know at DLR the fast passes can be used anytime after the time window on the day of issue.

That is why we try very hard to never wait standby on an attraction that accepts FP in the evening if the park is crowded. You think it will be a reasonable wait - then about a thousand FP folks hit the line. (maybe somewhat of an exaggeration - but you get the idea)
:crazy:

I think they need to allow some leeway - but they certainly should not accept FP's from other days and even accepting them hours after the assigned time does seem to defeat the purpose of the system.

We've used a FP up to an hour after the last time, but not later than that and not the next day either. Sometimes it's hard to get back exactly during that window, particularly if you are eating at a restaurant during your lag. But if that's true, it would open up new possibilities for ways to use FP.

CMs can make an exception to allow an expired FastPass to be used on the same day it was issued. Due to operational necessities, they can also refuse entry if your FastPass return window is expired. This is especially true at shows.
The number of FPs distributed for each return time is based on many variables, and using a FP beyond its validity can adversely affect other guests who are following the guidelines for use.

You get a whole hour to use the FastPass for rides. Beyond that hour, there are no guarantees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter