Using placeholder deposit with the 50% off req dep

guineapiggie

Earning My Ears
I’m still hankering for another DCL cruise so I decided to look into the 9 night Alaskan cruise from Vancouver. Right now DCL is offering a 50% off your deposit if you book a cruise by 2/24/24. Can you use your placeholder deposit along with the requisite amount as the deposit, or is this separate from the placeholder deposit?

Has anyone done the 9 night Alaskan cruise from Vancouver and did you enjoy it? I heard that on the day of glacier viewing, you can take a small boat that gets closer to the glaciers than just the cruise ship.

I don’t know, but if you call, they’ll be able to tell you.

I believe the placeholder already reduces the deposit substantially. They might not be willing to let you half it on top of that.

The $250 paid for the placeholder will be applied toward the deposit when you book a specific cruise.

It states the placeholder cannot be used with any other discounts.

• The offer cannot be combined with Florida Resident Rates, U.S. Military Rates or with any other special offer or discount. Not valid on VGT, OGT, or IGT Categories with Restrictions or 2-night sailings.
We've not done the 9 day, but the 7 day 3 times and really enjoyed it. Yes there is an excursion where you get on a smaller boat, but they sell out fast.

The placeholder has a discounted deposit amount (for 7+ nights), and minus the $250. To my knowledge you cannot combine it with another offer.

With the placeholder you already get 50% off the deposit: a 10% deposit instead of a 20% deposit on 7-night or longer sailings. You can't double-stack the reduced deposits.

The $250 placeholder itself is a credit that gets applied toward the actual deposit amount required when you actually book a specific cruise.

You can see details about the Placeholders here: https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/guest-services/future-cruise-onboard-offer/

We did the 8 night this past summer and really enjoyed it and are looking forward to doing a DCL Alaska cruise again at some point in the future - hopefully for more than 7 nights :-)

We have watched Theme Park Express (Adrian Vasquez) on YouTube as he took Alaska cruises in 2022 and 2023.

It made us want to go.

He's my favorite vlogger for cruising.

I wanted to give an update to this as I literally JUST got off the phone and booked next year. So we bought our placeholder in December and i know u wanted to sail on treasure in 2025 as we have 2 cruises already this year. Sooooo I was able to use the 50% off deal, plus the 10% for 7 day cruise and my place holder for the deposit. Just a FYI. Literally just hung up

We've only done 2 Alaskan cruises with DCL, they were both 9 nights that included Sitka. Both were amazing! I usually book the cruises with the most number of nights I can get.

Did the 9 night last year and it was amazing. The only downside was the Hubbard glacier viewing experience was only offered one time. The Wonder did get close to the glacier.

I wanted to give an update to this as I literally JUST got off the phone and booked next year. So we bought our placeholder in December and i know u wanted to sail on treasure in 2025 as we have 2 cruises already this year. Sooooo I was able to use the 50% off deal, plus the 10% for 7 day cruise and my place holder for the deposit. Just a FYI. Literally just hung up

Are you saying you paid 10% deposit (from the placeholder) or 5% deposit (placeholder deposit discount + 50% off deposit special)?

We did the 9 night and it was just amazing!! Best family vacation we have ever had!! I can’t recommend it enough. I like that it did Icy Strait and Skagway because we loved the zip line and the train! Also coming from FL, it was a big trip for us and definitely worth the extra time.

We were on the same boat as the poster above and did not get on the little boat excursion. I was very disappointed at first, but when we actually got to Hubbard glacier we were so close it was more than perfect! Don’t let it get you down if you don’t get it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter