• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Using points for POLY - DDP or not?

jcf

DIS Veteran
I always found the DDP to be waste of money. I forgot what it entails? Is is still worth it to pay cash?

You cannot get the DDP with a Poly reservation on points. DVC locations allow it to be added, but the DDP is not available to add at the regular resort on points.

We found that the DDP saved us about 30%. Sure, we got more food than we might have otherwise ordered, but very little actually went to waste! It was like paying for the table service and getting the rest for free.

You get 1 table service, 1 counter service and one snack (under $4) per day.

One thing that if you have picky or older kids (up to 9), you may find the kids meals limited. Best to do buffets for them.

If you are staying at the Polynesian for cash, you'll have to purchase a package from Disney to get the DDP (rack rate room, tickets for the entire party, etc).

jcf: We are staying at the Poly for three nights this August on points and as someone else posted we are not allowed to do DDP while staying there on points. However, since we are staying at BCV on points for six days prior to the Poly, we are using DDP for that stay. I believe you can only get DDP if you pay cash for your stay. Good Luck. :)

jcf: We are staying at the Poly for three nights this August on points and as someone else posted we are not allowed to do DDP while staying there on points. However, since we are staying at BCV on points for six days prior to the Poly, we are using DDP for that stay. I believe you can only get DDP if you pay cash for your stay. Good Luck. :)

You can absolutely get DDP if staying on points. We've done it several times.

You can absolutely get DDP if staying on points. We've done it several times.
Only if the points reservation is for a DVC resort.

You cannot get the DDP if you are using DVC points to stay at the Poly - or any other non-DVC resort.

At a non-DVC resort? The OP wants to stay at the Polynesian on points. Where did you stay?

Sorry - yes only a DVC! On vacation points, not reservation points! No one, DVC member or renter, can get DDP with reservation points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter