Using the Genie+ Tip Board on a UK phone

Thank you. From what I've heard wifi can be patchy / slow, esp at the 7am LL access point so may consider a US Sim card to avoid that.

i am so not looking forward to our trip in July.
I have never dreaded a trip to WDW before.
We've been going since 1974, every year until the pandemic.
And always filled with excitement and anticipation.
But with the crowd level at seemingly all time highs and the need to fight with a crazy glitchy app on our non-US phones while trying to have a good time?
It's beyond daunting.
Even my kids, who are even more disneyholic than i am, are clearly put off by what's happening.
For the first time ever we won't spend the entire 26 days at WDW.
In fact it will be 14 and done. Out of 26 days.
I suggested we wait and see if disney brings back the AP and everyone said "no, we don't want to give disney that much money".
so 14 days it will be.

We were just there for ten days. The last couple of days we didn't even bother to go into the parks, we just couldn't face the crowds or the IT glitches.

After thirty years of Disney trips and twenty years of DVC membership we were so disappointed that, for the first time ever, we didn't enjoy our visit and were grateful to leave.

ford family

We were just there for ten days. The last couple of days we didn't even bother to go into the parks, we just couldn't face the crowds or the IT glitches.

After thirty years of Disney trips and twenty years of DVC membership we were so disappointed that, for the first time ever, we didn't enjoy our visit and were grateful to leave.

ford family

oh no....that's so sad.....
we're also DVC....
i am so hoping it will be better than what we're expecting, but at the same time we're all very much trying to manage our expectations...
there are 9 of us.....my husband, me, our two kids and their spouses and our 3 grandchildren (ages 8, 6, and 4 at the time of the visit)...
i'm sure we'll overall have a nice time as we usually do have a good time together, whatever we're doing..
and i really hope the grandkids enjoy mickey et al...
but if the parks are like what we're hearing, i'm guessing this will be our last visit for a long time..
we'll probably continue with Disney Cruise Line as long as it continues to give value for money...

it's sad....i was really upset when i watched some of the reviews of the new galactic starcruiser..
one of the things we've always loved at the parks were the street actors - the improv people....
but they never were brought back when the parks reopened.....much as a great deal of the park entertainment which differentiated WDW from other theme parks never returned...
and now i discover that many of those improv actors whom we used to see in the parks for free are now behind a paywall in the starcruiser...

without that special entertainment in the parks, i may as well go to any amusement park where there are more rides and entrance doesn't cost 5 arms and 4 legs....

sorry for hijacking the thread for a rant.... :oops:

I'm not going till October (hopefully) but I'm becoming quite glad I have my last two nights/2½ days at Universal, though the reasons for that happening are totally different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter